Little did Jake know this morning that he was going to his first day at Canine Clubhouse, a doggy day care and kennel. The first day is for evaluation to see if he is a good fit for their facility. But in the morning he was happy to sit with Baylor on the couch for his morning snooze. He can fall asleep at 1:30 and then sleep the rest of the day. Lucky him. It is rare that he is calm enough to sit with on the couch and Baylor really enjoyed not being chewed on.
And I think Jake enjoyed the cuddles!
He was on good behavior at day care and is allowed back, which is good because he is going to be kenneled there very soon!! And he was a worn out dog for the entire evening and night. They have a two hour nap time at the day care and the rest of the day is play time. It was amazing having a tired dog for the evening and not having to go to the dog park.
I was able to pick some blackberries with my free time.
Summertime in a bowl. Some are sweet and some are so tart my mouth puckers.
He was still tired Tuesday morning!!
Jake and Mommy
Wednesday evening was a bit different from our usual. Baylor started to complain about pain in his stomach when I got home from the dog park. It was sporaticly more painful at times and Gloria and him decided we needed to go to the ER to have him checked. In the back of my mind I was thinking it was pain in his colon, either gas or from not going for a few days. As is usual in the ER, unless your guts are hanging out, there is a lot of waiting. We waited in the waiting room and then waited a lot more in a ER room. Long story short, he eventually feel asleep (good sign the pain was passing) Gloria had to go out to the car because she was falling asleep too. I had to stay awake.
Eventually the nice Dr came in and listened to his story, listened to his belly and could not say what it was or was not. But he was feeling better and they gave him some ginger ale to make sure he was keeping fluids down.
I drove us all home, took care of Jake and at 3:34 according to Fitbit I finally fell asleep. And got all of an hour and 44 minutes of sleep. Gloria called off work and I went to work. Baylor had a field trip to Raystown Lake with his summer camp. I told them he may sleep on the bus or on the way home (which he did) I am super glad he is doing fine and will increase his fiber or something so he goes to the bathroom!
Thursday morning there was a tiny frog stuck between the panes on the screen door. I had to keep Jake from noticing it or he may have broken the glass trying to get to the frog. I decided to pour water between the panes to try to get him out of there. It took several glasses of water to slide him down and out. He must have hid out on the patio somewhere because Jake never hunted him down.
I got a message from my old manager that he was coming into the office and taking me out to lunch today. Sweet!! Bob and Tammy joined us at Moe's and it was nice catching up with Rich.
Again, Jake did well in class. We had a sub teacher and I liked her better than our usual one. This one had a sense of humor and more personality. We went over some recall games, spin and turn, and leash walking.
While he shows a good side at class, he came home and showed his dark side by chewing a hole in a couch cushion. Jerk!
















No comments:
Post a Comment