The first of the month I change the calendar in the hallway and fill in everything I know of for that month. July was booked up already!
We got the month started with a visit from my parents for a swim and lunch. The boys went swimming before lunch because the weather was supposed to change in the afternoon. Jake life guarded and watched for toys floating by to try to grab. Baylor and Buddy played with the torpedos and water guns.
I gave Jake a berry and ice toy to play with. He was not very interested so it went back into the freezer for the next hot day.
It was a clean the freezer of hot dogs and sausages lunch. And I found a yummy variety of them too.
Mom and I went to the pool store to have the water checked by the professionals and then headed down the road to Wegmans for a few things. The storms were blowing in when we were leaving.
After Mom and Dad left Baylor and I were outside and held the gate door open for a second too long. Jake bolted out and headed straight to the trees where he usually does. But this time, he did not stop at the trees. He headed past them towards the creek bank. Baylor and I ran after him, in our bare feet and no leash in hand. We nearly caught him in the cemetery but he heard voices at the creek and followed them, not ours. I yelled out "if a dog shows up, we are on our way" and they yelled back that he was down in the water. I caught him by his collar after having him fetch a stick in the creek. Then we had to walk him back to the house over the rocks and such. Nice one Jake!
And then later that day he got into the crepe paper rolls and apparently making his own pinatas.
My in-laws came down Sunday morning to fix the toilet in the basement that started leaking the night before. I ran to the grocery store while they were there and on my way home Dave texted me that EMS were there for Pap, just and FYI. Well, I guess being a plumber for the last 50+ years did not teach him to not mix bleach and toilet bowl cleaner and he about killed himself with the fumes.
They gave him a breathing treatment and checked him out.
And then he took a break for lunch while the basement aired out. I am glad he is OK, and hopefully he won't try that again!!
Pap likes Jake and it was nice to see them sharing the couch like Pap and Eddy used to. He called Jake Eddy a few times.
Since the 4th is around the corner I brought out some fireworks to send off Meme and Pap with. Baylor loves his sparklers!!
We did a few light fountains too because it is fun to have fireworks for more that one night! So far Jake did not seem to disturbed by them.
Must-burn-something-with-fire
Laura sent me a picture of Hubbard (named after a town in TX that she heard while watching Fixer Upper) wearing a onsie I sent him, with whales on it! I cannot wait to see him later this month!!
Dog park fun again. It has become my evening social hour/hangout.
Paula getting kisses from Bella.
Jake and Bella tugging together.
The 4th of July was a quiet day at our house. Gloria worked almost 30 days in a row and she needed a day off with no one around and no where to go. So I sent my parents Snapchats to celebrate.
Baylor was so excited for fireworks he did not want to wait until it was truly dark. If it makes him happy....
We did smoke bombs and whizzy things first. They do better in the light. He wanted to light things himself this year. I had flashbacks of the time I did not throw a firecracker and it went off in my fingers. No damage but it stung!!
The whizzy things were loud and sparkly!
He started doing some interpretive dancing with his sparklers. I wish I could put the video on, it was amazing and funny!


I think he is taking after Grimm, watching out the window.









































No comments:
Post a Comment