Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home Alone

Last week we had Baylor's 18 month photos taken. When I was the same age we had just moved to Nevada from Germany where I was born. My dad was in the Air Force. I have a photo of me in a Dirndl and it is hanging at my parents house even now. If I could figure out the scanner, I would post that too but I will have to leave that for another day. The is by far my favorite of the session and it made me cry looking at it. He has grown so much and so fast!!


I was happy he crossed his hands because he drooled on his shirt the second after we took the bib off to prevent drool marks. When does the drooling end?



We borrowed the hat from a friend and although we could not get him to stand up in the outfit without instantly running off, you can get a good idea of the outfit. I bought it online and it was not that expensive for leather pants, shirt, and socks.

My parents watched Baylor on Friday as Mrs B had the day off. They took him for a car ride which he loves. He melted my Dad's heart by sitting in is lap for an hour while Dad read books and then Baylor fell asleep in his arms. He said he was a joy to watch. That is pretty big coming from my dad. Saturday we went to a picnic and Baylor sat on a board bridge and hung his feet in a creek. Sunday we went to my cousin's because her dad was home for a visit. Baylor road one of those cars with an accelerator and he did not run into anything or wreck. Not bad for his first time behind the wheel. Monday was a holiday so I was off with with Lori and Baylor. That does not happen often since I work during the week and she works a 3 day weekend shift. I put an under the bed tote in the yard and filled it with water. He was more interested in dipping out the water and dumping it on the plants than playing in it. He really loved playing with the hose and power washing his castle and the swing. And me.
Back to the post title, the painters started this morning to work on the house. We are having the stairwell, hall, living room, and kitchen/dining room painted. Lori and Baylor went to visit her parents, where our dog is currently staying, until Thursday when the painting should be done. Hopefully the house will air out as they are painting so it is not too bad. I am home alone and not sure what to do with myself. There are always the dishes I suppose! Not.


No comments:

Post a Comment