Lori is still not feeling well and Mimi is not good at walking and shopping so Baylor and I went to Bal.ti.more by ourselves today. We went to I.kea first. Kids ate free today and he enjoyed his veggies and meatballs. We bought him a storage system and lots of stuff to put in it! I bought him the kids pots and pans and other kitchen items. He is at the mimic age where he likes to be doing what I am doing. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and he likes to stir everything. We were there almost two hours!
We hopped in the car and loaded the next stop into Naggy Maggy and we were off. I looked back and got this sleepy look. Not a minute later I looked back and saw this.
He slept all the way to To.ys R Us and and through our shopping trip. I bought him a doodle pad because he likes to color and this way he is not coloring the table or his clothes. We then headed to Tra.der J.oes and shopped our wallets empty! I love that store and wish they had one closer to home. We had snacks on the way out of Baltimore and he did really well until the last 10 minutes when he was done being in the car seat. We had a good Swedish dinner of meatballs, cream sauce, potatoes, peas and Harvest Grain mix, from Tra.der J.oes. After dinner we played outside until bathtime. After his bath he came to me and I thought he was saying elmo but he took me to the window and pointed the humming bird feeder. He was saying hummer and he wanted to give them more juice. He pointed to the other feeder in the sink and kept saying 'hummer more juice'. That is pretty much his first sentence. He was very insistant on getting more juice for the hummers. The hummers were feeding and I told him we had to be quite so we did not scare the hummers. He put his finger to his mouth and shushed me. I love him!
I just love his tired face. I'm glad you took your camera with you to capture that moment. I think that it's time I hit Ikea again. I've never been to Trader Joes. I guess I'm missing out.
ReplyDeleteYour Friend, m.