Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!  It was not the weekend we planned but I think it turned out to be the best weekend in a long time.  My parents came down on Wednesday so they could watch Baylor Thursday and Friday.  Saturday we were supposed to go to Dad's cousin for her party but Lori and Mom were feeling under the weather.  While Baylor and I went shopping at Target and Wegmans Lori called our friends and invited them over for dinner.  She brought her sister and her 'family', boyfriend and his children. We also invited our friend Diane. When the neighbors came home from vacation, we invited them over also.  We had 7 children running around the yard, in the kiddie pools, the bounce house, the various cars and wagons, and the swingset.  They all got a long well and Baylor was not too sure what to do with all of them there.  He did not come out of his shell until there were only two kids left.  But he had a good time and no one got hurt or sunburnt.  The girls and Mom took care of getting the rest of the food done because Baylor wanted me with him the whole time.  We got to use the fire pit and made smores!  Yum!  Especially with a peanut butter cup instead of just chocolate!!  Baylor was worn out but still did not want to go to sleep until after 9:30 but slept through the night which is a rare thing.  Sunday was much more subdued.  It was just my parents and Lori's parents came down and brought Eddy for a visit.  Mimi, Lori's mom, is staying for a few days because Lori is still pretty sick and needs help with Baylor. 

 
Baylor was the only one who wore Red, White, and Blue.  He looked so handsome! 

On another front, I am starting my next cycle and in two weeks we will hopefully be trying for baby #2!  I hope it works. I am not getting younger and I only have three tries left!  At least if I get pregnant now I won't be pregnant in the summer!!  I don't want to do that again. So ready, set.....

No comments:

Post a Comment