Thursday, October 21, 2010

Here's Looking at you August

To my male reader and you know who you are darling, this may be a bit TMI. 

So, I have not said much about the next steps for a sibling because not much has been going on. We skipped this month because my cycle started on a Friday and I have to go to the office on day three.  That would have been Sunday.  The regular office is one hour away and the weekend office is one hour 45 minutes away and I have to be there between 7-9 am.  Since Lori works weekends I had no one to watch Baylor.  Asking a friend to wake up at 5 on a Sunday was out of the question and I would hate to think of them having to deal with a screaming, tired Baylor at that time of morning anyway.  So I just went on with my month thinking everything was fine.  I use a fertility monitor to know when I am ovulating and I have to do it whether I am trying or not.  Well, for some reason this month I never hit peak to show I ovulated and today is day 28, time for the big show to show up.  I finally hit low a low hormone level which usually happens a day or so after I peak.  Just bizarre for me since as long as I have been using the monitor this has never happened.  So since I did not start today, I could start tomorrow which would put me out again this cycle for the same reasons as last month.  But with as odd as this cycle has been who knows when it will start.
Today I decided to just wait out another cycle because of the oddness of this one and also because Lori is having gall bladder surgery next Thursday and it will be too much to combine all the running to the office an hour away for several day and taking care of Lori.  Her mom will be here to help but then I would have to explain things to her and we don't want that either.  Waiting another month would put a baby due around the last week of August.
I had two wishes when we were trying to conceive the last time.  The first was no birthdays close to Christmas.  I am a January baby and I get all my gifts for the year within 22 days.  It sucks when you are a kid.  No more gifts for another 11 months.  Baylor was due December 5, 20 days before Christmas. Watch what you wish for right?  My second desire was not to be heavy pregnant in the summer.  The weather sucks here and I just cannot imagine adding pregnancy on top of that.  Well, if we try in November and it works, the baby would be due the last week of August.  See a pattern here?  Watch what I wish for. But on the flip side of that both my parents and Lori are August babies and I am sure they would all love for a little one to join them.  So it would be a good thing.  My grandpa Resch used to live by 'Everything happens for a reason' and so it does.
Hopefully this cycle will be more normal and the next one will be fruitful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, It's your Male Reader writing.
    I guess August is nice but you are right, you will be prego over the Summer. I once ate a large meal in July and felt bloated all day so I understand Summer pregnancy completely. That said, I'm not sure that you want a September baby because then you will be fighting with the Schools about accepting your child in time for school. Does that make sense. On the other hand, maybe your child wants to celebrate his/her birthday in school like the others. You know what, just suffer for the sake of your child. It's only a couple of months. I'll come over and fan you if you get too hot. You'll make it though.
    Your favorite Male reader, m.

    ReplyDelete