Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fish Tank Update and New Fishy Babies

The new aquarium is doing well and all the fish have survived the move to the big tank.  I love the fish tank and we all like watching the the little guys swim around.

Two of the Emerald Catfish

Spud the Upside Down Catfish

A Silver Tetra, who is pink

Baylor wanted his photo taken also

The Neon Tetras

There are about 20 fish in there but you cannot see them

More of the Emerald Catfish and the Neons


Saturday we went to a small local fish store to see what they had.  It was a nice shop with a nice variety of fish.  Baylor loved it and was very interested in them all.  The shop keepers were not very personable but at least two of them asked if I needed help.  One of them kept looking at Baylor like he was terrorizing the shop, tormenting fish, and turning over tanks.  The dude was putting me off but we were there for fish and not to be his friend.  We picked out our new friends and headed home.  The fish were safely belted in too.  I don't think the fish were able to sleep but little man did, as usual.


6 Rummy nosed tetras.  They should have red faces and white and black tails.  They were so stressed out the were completely blanched out.


3 Glass Catfish.  The one we have needed friends.


3 tiny Panda Corydoras Catfish.  Was not planning on getting them but they are so cute and I love the cory cats. 




The Rummys are pretty sensitive so I did a really slow drip acclimation. We let the water from out tank drip in for 5 hours to slowing get them used to our water.  And we waited for Lori to get home so she could see them too.  She picked out the Rummy noses as the new kind of fish for the tank.


The little Pandas staying together in the bucket.


While they were getting used to our water, I was working on the new 10 gallon I got as a trade for the 20 gallon we used to have.  My friend had a 10 and I gave her the one we had before the 75.  I asked her what she was going to do with her 10 and said she did not know.  I said I would take it and that was fine with her.  It was a real mess until I put the huge filter on it and after a few hours and few rinses of the filter pads, the water cleared up. 


I bought some Java moss at the fish store too and put the Easter Island head in there with a moss do.  Lori calls it our Aqua-Chia Pet. 


Here is our glass catfish.  He is pretty shy because he was alone and it was weird to see him swimming in the middle of the tank. And that was before we added the three new fish. 



The Rummys starting to get their color back.  They are hard to photograph because the flash reflects off the tank and the lighting is pretty dim to use without a flash.  But you can see their red faces and colored tails.  That is a good sign!  The like to hang out in this corner of the tank and will probably stay there until they get more comfortable to their surroundings. 



It was a good trip and some nice additions to the tank.

1 comment:

  1. OK the contrast between the happy kid and the sleeping kid totally cracked me up! Hope the fish do well!

    ReplyDelete