Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Farm Show 2013

 Today was our annual trip to the Farm Show.  (and I had to download Google Chrome so I can put photos on my blog)


This year Lori was able to join us and of course a large part of the fun is riding the bus from the parking lot to the complex.  This year the bus took us to a different entrance that we usual go to so our pattern of where we go had to be changed up a bit.  



Without me reminding him he asked to go the corn bin first off.  Lori was happy sit with him while I hit the few stands I wanted to see.  We agreed to meet in 30 minutes so I was off with my wallet and camera.  


First I headed to see the gingerbread houses and came across this giant house!  


Wow!!  


These two impressed me also!  


















Of course there was a new butter sculpture this year.  

 

I bought a personalized frame for a little friend of ours, some spices from the spice vendor, fried mozzarella kebab(for me), and a chocolate milk shake and french fries for Baylor.  When I headed back to meet them they were on the carousel waiting for it to start.  Baylor kept shouting at me to not eat all his fries.  


So when they were done we took a seat under the slides on the jungle gym.  He worked on his fries and shake between rides down the slides.  


There was so much static from the slide that our hair would stand on end when a child went down the slide.  


We went to the free mini golf next.  Baylor watched Jake, the pirates and Capt'n Hook play mini golf and he was excited to try it out.  


In the booth they were teaching about rodents and how to get ride of them from the home and why it was important.  Baylor did well taking to the ladies about mice and rats and also did a good job putting his way around. 






We worked our way to the animals because Farmer Baylor had some corn and hay to feed his animals.  He was telling us how the animals would be so happy to see Farmer Baylor.  They just love him he said.  And I am sure they do, in their own sheepy way. Apparently we missed the pigs because none of the pigs were there but their signs were.  



In one pen was a giant horse!  He was (is) a draft horse and was just a huge animal.  Baylor was already on my shoulders and while I know we are still not very tell with our combined height, you can see how tall the horse is.  I asked Lori to take a photo of us and while I know she is not behind a camera very often, I would have thought she would have picked up some things about photo framing.  Or at least not what to do. 


So this is how she framed one photo of my wanting one of Baylor and I next to the horse.  Notice how far away she is standing, and how off center we are.  In fact the subject is way off to the left! She is Thatcher after all.  


Baylor wanted to milk the cow again.  He did remind me it was a fake cow.



We made it to the food hall around 11:30 and to say it was packed was an understatement.  But the lines go well and we did not need very much to eat.  Baylor saw the ice cream and asked for a cone.  It was from the honey stand so it had a nice honey flavor.  I choose breaded and fried mushrooms (that were not frozen on the inside this year) and Lori went for beef vegetable soup. (We all had a nice dinner with veggies and real food later)



Then it was off to ride the tractors.  A farmer has to try them all out.  


This was giant among tractors.  It was huge.  



I love his posing for a photo smile! Gube!  


We found the Cory Combine!  Another huge piece of equipment. 


And at the toy booth, a tractor just right for little boys.  He found a small tractor with a hay baler and a bale of hay.  Meme sent him some money and that is what he picked out.  He wanted it open as soon as we were in the van and on our way out.  


The mounted police were making the rounds of the grounds.  


And passed in front of our bus as we were waiting for the light to change.  It gave Baylor and Lori a good view of the horses.  


Then we headed to Bass Pro to find some cold weather gear for Lori.  The warehouse where she works is not heated so staying warm for 12 hours while nearly working in outside temperatures in pretty important.  Since being warm is important to hunters and the like, the store has a lot of choices.  And it is a fun place to visit.  


Such a nice sign at the front door.  


But they have a roaring fire to warm up to on the drizzly day.  


And a huge aquarium   We arrived at feeding time which was an added bonus.  




Then Baylor and I walked around the store while Lori got her shopping on.  It was the least I could for her letting me shop at the farm show all by meself.  


First we went up the elevator.  


Too bad I did not have my wallet so he could practice shooting.  


The store is very manly with a lot of manly mannequins in manly poses. And a lot of manly men in their own versions of the manly hunter uniform.  Mainly a lot of camo hoodies, jeans, and boots.  


But some men were putting in a new display and we walked by as they were creating rocks for the new animals on display.  


Baylor was about to crawl in with the bear!  


A few more photos from the second floor.  We also went down the escalator and then ran around and took the up escalator back to the second floor so we could take the elevator back down. 



Because in the elevator you get to see the inside of the fish tank.  



We walked around the pond while Lori checked out.  Baylor does not think this is any different than the creek out back of our house.  So it was hard for him to not throw rocks and sticks and their landscaping into the pond.  



But we made it back to the car all dry and ready to fall asleep on the 20 minute drive home.  After his bath and getting ready for bed he was already asking about going again another time (next year).  Sometimes I feel like we just do the same things over every year but for me and for Baylor, that is not such a bad thing.  



2 comments:

  1. My girls and I loved this post! They want you to know they are so jealous!

    ReplyDelete