Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday.  I had off work for the day and planned a road trip to Ikea in Balt*imore and a pit beef place I saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  Sunday Lori told me she was getting sick and I knew then that plan was over. She is a product of her gene pool and it is not a birthday or holiday that one of them is sick or something going on.  I planned to do a bit of shopping in the afternoon with Baylor, fabric for a gift I am working on, some meds for the plague, and some groceries, and when my eyes opened in the morning and the horrid cough shook me awake, I knew that plan was nixed also.  So I spent the day trying to keep up with a four year old all the while the rest of my body was starting to feel 92 instead of 42.  My brain does not believe I am 42 and I certainly do not feel like I should be 42.  But I am and I have a blessed life with my wife, who is always going to be older than me (lol) and our beautiful son who makes all the aches and pains worth it.  And my dog, who is my first child after all.

Since I have not picked up the camera since last week and too tired to do anything about it now, no photos today.  It was not such a great day to remember anyway.  Maybe this weekend will be better. 


1 comment: