Tonight I cannot get the first lyrics of a song out of my head.
Stars shining bright above you
night breezes seem to whisper
I love you
Birds singin' in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me.
night breezes seem to whisper
I love you
Birds singin' in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me.
No doubt because of my thoughts of my dear Molly, who is now a star in the endless sky. Have you ever seen the Disney movie, "The Princess and the Frog"? She is like Evangeline and Raymond, stars in the sky for us to look up to, talk to, believe in, wish upon.
I am not a religious person and I don't know what happens to us in death. Like most people, I really do not want to think about it but when I do I cannot help but feel we have a soul, a spirit, an energy that makes us who we are on this earth. Something has to animate this body of mine, a collection of chemicals and elements and a lot of water. Another quote that has stayed with me for years goes something like, "Stars have died so that I could live".
The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics:I like to think we are made of stars and when we are done here, we can go home. It is not as simple as that but I do think our energy goes on, back into the pool if we want to come back or move on or we can continue on as who we are looking out for those we left behind.
You are all stardust.
You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements — the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution — weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way they could get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today. Lawrence Krauss
Anyway, January kind of came and went and I did not blog much. Blame it on early onset Seasonal Affected Disorder or just laziness. But we did visit Molly when she was in rehab for her broken hip. She fell putting away at table after Christmas Eve service at her church. She was in the bell choir and they were cleaning up. The table was heavy and started to fall over. It caught her coat and she went down with it and knew she broke her hip when it happened. She went to the hospital that night and on Christmas they did the surgery to fix her leg. She called us that evening to tell me where she was and that she would not be able to make it for New Years this year. She went to rehab for about a week and a half. We visited on a Saturday and brought her the Christmas gifts we had for her since we always have Christmas at our New Years. She loved her Sock Monkey sheets, rainbow socks, and assorted lavender items. We both love lavender, fresh stems and scented items. We both agreed on what was a good lavender scent and what was fake. We both nailed it when we bought each other lavender items.
Baylor loved her grabber she had in rehab. It kept him playing there for longer then he would have without it to entertain him.
We had a nice visit with her that day. She was there for about a week and a half and then went to her brother's to finish her hip recovery. The last day I spoke to her she was hoping to be home by February 9. But apparently, things went downhill very fast in the last two and a half weeks, until this morning. I am glad to have her as a friend. She was there for me when I was living through a rough relationship and gave me advice I have passed on to several others. She always let me know she would be there for me when I came through on the other side of the relationship drama. I hope now she will be there for me on the other side when it is my turn to join the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment