Monday, February 4, 2013

Go Ravens!

Super Bowl Sunday means a trip to Bob's for good food and some football.  I really could care less about football, but I do like food!  Bob, my work wife or the guy I have been sitting across from for 9 years, puts out a lot off delicious food and the guest bring something to add to the party.  I usually bring dessert and this year I made brownie bottom caramel cheesecake.  I did not read the recipe for the brownie part and just made it according to the back of the box.  I am not sure where my head was but it worked out OK, just not as dense and chewy as it could have been.  Baylor did not nap that day and of course fell asleep in the car on the way to Bob's, which is about 18 minutes from our house.  It did not take him long to wake up and find Maddy to play with.  They see each other once a year and don't remember each other yet but they play well together.  She turned four today February 4.  She has a little brother Steven who is two.  The two kids made up several games to entertain each other. Which was nice as I was eating smoked ribs, mac and cheese, pasta salad, and various dips and appetizers. 
 
 
Then the kids found the dog toys and brought them all to Bob's Golden Retrievers and the Pom-mix they have.  The little dog did not like the kids especially Baylor.  He also lost a finger to that nippy one but we figured out how to avoid him and all was well after that. 

 
I have never ventured into the basement so this year we went down to check it out.  Baylor was taken by the pool table and I told him he had to ask Bob if he could play with it.  Bob was at his bar serving adult beverages as it was half time which is when the shots start.  Baylor went into the bar and was so cute trying to get Bob's attention to ask him if he could play with the pool table.  Bob is a happy drunk and happily told the kids they could.  All they wanted to do was bash the balls around anyway.

 
Maddy's Dad eventually put two bar chairs next to the table so it was easier for them to gather and roll the balls. 

 
When the lights were out in the stadium and Lori was falling asleep, we headed home.  Jen from work kindly took a few photos of us in our jerseys.  I had to wear it because they were playing otherwise I don't participate in the team spirit thing.  Lori reminded me that is was the last time the Raven's played in the Super Bowl that she asked me to marry her.  While we are married in VT, maybe soon we can be married for reals in the US.  Maybe. 

 
There is Bob!  Baylor was tired and did not want his photo taken so he was fighting it the whole time. 

 
So I carried him off in he preferred method, hanging from his feet. 

 
See the little dog eyeballing Baylor?  He wanted some of him! 

 
Maddy wanted her photo taken also.  Her parents were smart and brought jammies.  Baylor was asleep before we left Bob's neighborhood. 

 
We put him on the couch while I finished watching the game. Not that I really cared but it is Lori's team.  It was a good final quarter and I was worried they would not keep their lead but they did!   I woke her up for the last 10 seconds, which in football time is about 5 minutes long. She sort of saw them win.  And then I dressed Baylor in his jammies and we all headed to bed. Baylor wore his Ravens shirt to school today and the teachers told Lori they liked his shirt. It does have his name and year of birth on the back! As does mine.  Hopefully I won't have to wear it again next year though! 

2 comments:

  1. That's a cute idea-- to get a jersey with the year he was born on it. I will have to do that for Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute idea-- to get a jersey with the year he was born on it. I will have to do that for Lucas!

    ReplyDelete