Since Baylor is in school we, I, had fun making Valentine gifts for the 19 kids on the list they sent home last week. Of course Pinterest was my best friend in helping me find easy and cute ideas for gifts. I am pretty sure they ended up a bit over the top but once I get started on this stuff I cannot stop until we run out of supplies. We started with sugar wafers, pink candy coating, and various Valentine sprinkles. Baylor was interested for about five minutes but was a great assistant in that time. I melted the disks in a coffee mug in the microwave. It made the dipping pretty easy even for a four year old.
And then we applied the sprinkles.
And two packs of wafers later, we had these beautiful treats for the kids.
And I dipped little pretzels in pink or chocolate coating and sprinkles.
And finally we dipped pretzel rods in chocolate and then drizzled pink on them.
For me, we made pretzel s'mores. I give up chocolate for Lent so I had to eat as much as I could to get through it!
For the treat bags I made leaf tags with the child's name on one side and Baylor's on the other. I used the leaf and the cute cherry lollipops as a bag topper.
Each bag has two wafers, two small pretzels, one pretzel rod, and the lollipop. I had to take them to the school yesterday so they could get all the Valentines together for each child.
And earlier this week was Fat Tuesday and I made my usual King Cake! Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment