Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Hurt His Feelings

I was looking at Facebook and a friend posted photos of her dog that passed on Friday.  Baylor was asking questions like who was the dog (he had meet the dog several times before) and who was that (Julie, Amy and Cullen).  I told him the dog died.  So far most of the deaths that have happened in his life have been my parent's dogs, three of them in the last two years.  My grandma died in September but he did not know her.  He went to the funeral and did not ask a lot questions.  But this time with the death of Julie's dog he started asking more questions about death.  Like, is going to die, are we going to die?  When I said yes that we would die but not for a very long time, he kept asking me again and again if we were going to die.  I held him in my arms, tears running telling him yes we all die, but not for a long time.  He pushed me away and told me I hurt his feelings and he did not want me to cuddle him.  I think he needed some four year old processing time because by bedtime, 20 minutes later, we were friends again.
This morning I got a message on FB that my good friend Molly is now in hospice.  That explains why she is not responding to my text messages this week.  Linda said they don't know if Molly has days or weeks left, she has stopped eating and she is comfortable.  I need to call Linda today and I will be taking a day off this week to go see her.  Now my feelings are hurt.   

1 comment: