Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patrick's Day

 
 
Saturday was the Aunt's Meeting at Heather's.  Lori was off work and was able to go with us.  We headed out to be there a little early to help, and when we arrived she told us they seemed to be sharing some illness in the family.  She had be up sick most of the night, John was back in bed sick and not long after we arrived Connor got sick on the floor.  It was a great story for Baylor to rehash for next few hours.  He told everyone who would listen that Connor puked on the floor.  The rest of the morning went well other than Heather could not even stand smell of the food and I burned the first batch of corned beef hash.  I cannot cook on an electric or flat top stove.  But it was not so bad that there were no left overs.   Heather had her St. Patrick's Day parte the night before and had a photo booth set up with plenty of props.  Brigid and I got things going and then we rounded up everyone for their own photo op.  Baylor and Connor were too busy playing to stop for a photo. 
 

Joan and Lynda, sisters and my dad's cousins.  

 
Diann and Klaudia.  DiAnn is Lynda's eldest daughter and Klaudia is DiAnn's youngest child. 

 
Leslie, Rachel, and Eli.  Leslie is Lynda's youngest daughter. Rachel is her middle child and Eli her youngest. 

 
My parents. 

 
Kathy and Kay.  Kathy is Kay's daughter and Kay is Dad, Lynda, and Joan's cousin. 

 
Lori was having her puppy love time with the boys Murphy and Charlie. 
 
 
And Murphy, Heather's first child in a dog suit. He is younger than Eddy but looks older.   

 
I had prepared a craft and assisted everyone in making theirs.  They are toilet paper tubes, paper, thread, foam, pompoms and various kinds of glue. Each one was different and were fun to make.   I had just about everything prepped other than the ears. 

 
We stayed after everyone had left to help Heather clean up and let the boys play.  Baylor took a nice long nap but was then up really late!   
 
Sunday morning a leprechaun left parts of the rainbow all over our house with gold chocolate coins attached to them.  After one hint at finding the first one, he was off to find the rest.  

 
My camera was acting up and most of the photos are too blurry.  We had cloud for him to put his treasure in. 

 
Once it was all found, he ate all of the treasure!  

 
After that he found his pirate treasure and put it at the end of his rainbow. 

 
Too bad he could not eat those also. 

 
Last time we were at Heather's we made hand print shamrocks.  Today we hung the rainbow next to it. 

 
We spend the rest of the day cleaning, playing, watching movies, playing, etc.  For dinner we had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.  Eddy must have some Irish in her because she loves corned beef.  Or may be she is Jewish! 
 
This time of year is also special because it was on March 16, 2009 that Baylor was conceived.  It is a vivid, and wonderful memory for me.  Especially this year as I have finally come to terms with not having another child.  I asked Baylor this week if he was ok not having a brother or sister and he told me no, he wanted a brother.  I could just find a lost boy and he would be his brother.  It broke my heart at how sweet he was and how easy he solved that problem!  If it were only that easy! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi, I enjoy your blog so much - and I'd like to follow it by email, since I'm getting off of Google Reader prior to their dismantling it (sniffle). Possible? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete