Wednesday was our annual trip to the farm show. I love these trips we do every year. It gives us something to look forward to every year. The morning started out cold but warmer than yesterday.
Part of the drive to the farm show took us along the river which was frozen. It is not very often that it stays cold enough for it to freeze and one year when it did, the ice took out an old bridge across the river.
Before we got there I looked back and saw Baylor sitting like this. While it is not very safe it just amazed me how big he is now.
As usual he was really excited when we arrived in the parking lot. He loves the farm show even if it is just for the milk shake and corn bin now.
The trip on the bus was super fun of course.
Our first stop was for food. It is less crowded when we get there than when we leave so we tend to eat first and walk around second. We feasted on all the fried food we don't make at home: fried mozzarella cubes, french fries, and a blooming onion. We had one chocolate shake and one vanilla shake.
After plowing through the fried foods (we shared the onion with our table mates) we walked around. These chairs were calling our names apparently as we all took as seat as the chairs requested.
We headed over to the main hall and stopped at a stand that sells the goofy cowboy hats the kids seem to love getting every year. Since Baylor is a farmer and not a cowboy he thankfully was not interested but did try one on for me. The cow on a stick was more interesting to him but I was not willing to take it home.
He milked the cow again. He does it every year and he still enjoys it.
We checked out the cows and watched out for poop.
We only saw three horses but they were of the giant kind again. We both loved seeing them and how big they are.
And we meet some llamas. They were not interested in being pet and I was not interested in being spit on so we stayed back. But the man in the pen with them was quite fun. Especially when he figured out we were family too, he became extra animated and interactive with us and especially with Baylor.
This year's butter sculpture had dancing cows!
By now all Baylor was asking about was when were we going to get to the corn bin. Thankfully that was our next stop. Lori stayed with him and sat on a hay bale while I did my walking around and shopping.
While he was playing he made a new friend, Owen, who is wearing the gray and blue striped shirt. Apparently they had a good time together.
I checked out the gingerbread houses first. They were amazing! I cannot imagine making one of these.
I worked my way through the vendors picking up some spices and cookie cutters because somehow I needed more of both of them. I relieved Lori so she could walk around some also and had my turn watching Baylor and Owen play in the corn. Then Baylor wanted his ride on the carousel.
Lori stood by him for a few rounds and then sat down on a bench for the rest of the ride.
Right by the ride is the play fort and he made several runs down the slide.
We headed out and stopped to pick up some potato donuts for the ride home. We also found the peacocks and bought Baylor a feather this year.
He also wanted to pet the horse. They had a horse skull on the demo table and he was quite entertaining with is descriptions of the skull and I was surprised how cool he was with horse bones being on a table. He picked out a little stuffed sheep at the toy booth and bought it with his Meme money.
I wanted to show him the big arena and check for Farm Show t-shirts. I did not find any shirts but we did watch some sort of horse and cart time racing. There was a horse, a cart, a driver, and a navigator. They were doing an obstacle course of a sort and were being timed.
Baylor stood there cheering on the racers.
And within minutes of being in the car, he was out!
He woke up once we pulled in the driveway and did not go back to sleep. So we had some cuddle time on the couch playing with the phone and his new feather.













No comments:
Post a Comment