Baylor loves to kick snow and ice and one night after stopping at the store he wanted to get some kicking in. There was a huge pile of snow in the corner of the parking lot so we pulled over to it and I let him kick away.
He loved it but it ended like I thought it would. He slipped and fell on his hands. The ice was cold and hard and all of a sudden the fun changed to hate as in 'I hate the snow. I never want to play in the snow again."
But he was in better spirits when we got home and he helped make his first batch of rice crispy treats. He was an excellent chef!
We ended up covering half with some leftover ganache from a cake roll I was also working on.
Saturday morning was the January Aunt's meeting at DiAnn's. The boys got right into playing and I don't think Baylor ate much at all. Eli is still really good with Baylor and Connor even though he is now 13. And really tall!
We have Aunt's meeting nearly every month. This year my goal is to make a different cake roll for each one. I chose a Swiss Cake Roll for my first one.
Yummy!
Little Brigid is getting into the swing of Aunt's meetings and playing with the other kids. DiAnn gave Baylor a stuffed snake that he was smitten with. DiAnn watched the kids while Heather and I ran off, I mean took a brief visit, to a antique mall in Red Lion. It was nice going without kids running around trying to 'look' at things. She found a kids chair and I found a few items I may go back for once the addition is done. It was nice having some cousin time with her. The kids did great and only Brigid got sad that we were gone. I am not even sure Baylor noticed.











No comments:
Post a Comment