This will be the last year we can take Baylor to the Farm Show during the week. Next year we will have to deal with the weekend crowd. We picked him up from school and headed across the river to the Farm Show. We got on the second bus and were the first on. Baylor headed straight to the back. It was a quick ride to the food and fun!
We ate first of course. It was Baylor's lunch time anyway. He wanted fires and a chocolate shake. I wanted fried mushrooms and Gloria picked up some sliders with different meats on each one. I would have loved a deep fried mozzarella but there was just no more room for food! Baylor has pretty much out grown his love for tractors but we walked though them anyway looking for Jarrett and his family. He took off work to go to the Farm show as well. We found them on the other side of the combine.
Owen is just two and a half so he is just getting into the tractors and farm animals. I took them into the small barn to see the animals and around to sit on all the tractors we could get him on.
Behind the blue curtain wall was the farm toy vendor. Baylor picked out a ginger kitty and a small hedgehog with his money Meme sent him. We head to the Main Hall to show them the way to the corn bin which is where I left Gloria and Baylor while I went shopping. We went through the poultry hall on the way and Baylor liked the puffy, crested chickens and we checked out the peeps pecking out of their eggs. We also checked out the butter sculpture as well. It had to do with providing milk for all children. A cow made out of butter, isn't it ironic?
And took a ride on the carousel.
Once he saw the bin, that was it, he was where he wanted to be. They were there for most of the time while I was shopping. He loved it.
I checked out the gingerbread houses to see what was winning this year. The houses were nice but I am sure one of them started as a house kit. I think if I got my house building peeps got together we could do just as good as these.
I bought a whole bunch of herbs and spices. They packages are all around a dollar a piece and are so much cheaper than shopping at the grocery store.
Like this huge bag of bay leaves for $1.00! I shared with Bob because that is too many even for me.
The boys also played on the play fort. Apparnetly Owen was a bit nervous to go up the ramp. Baylor helped him up the first time and took him down the slide. After that Owen was pushing kids out of his way to get back up to the slide! Jarrett sent me this photo of the boys going down together. I love Baylor's staticy hair-fro. Owen will be a big brother in two months. I wish Baylor was too!



















No comments:
Post a Comment