Saturday morning Baylor and I headed to Chambersburg to spend the day and night with the McGraws. Saturday night was the Christmas Parade in town and we were all excited to go together! Julie and I did shopping run to Aldi's, stopped at a local music store and found an electric guitar for Cullen for Christmas, and checked on our chairs on the square for later in the day. One of the best parts of the afternoon was when we watched cat videos on YouTube on the TV. All three adults and the two boys were laughing so hard at the cats!! It was so fun.
We had pizza for dinner and headed out to find a close enough place to park. We had excellent seats right on the square, thanks to Amy for putting chairs out in the early AM, right in the front, thanks to me shamelessly flirting with the workers there when we were out earlier in the day!
The boys got light-ups sabers and loved them!
I was behind Lochlan but still had a great view.
We bought fries of course, Baylor's favorite food.
And cotton candy, another sweet close to his heart.
And then there was the parade. I LOVE parades and I love to scream and cheer on the parade people, and hoot and holler. Apparently, that is not how the people of Chamersburg watch parades. They are much more stoic about these things. But I did not let their silence stop me from enjoying myself, even when the kid next to us asked him Mom why that lady keeps yelling. I answered him of course telling him if I were in a parade, I would want people to acknowledge me too. And I was just crazy like that.
Here come the pretty horses. We did not scream at them too much and no one pooped in front of us.
A selfie with Julie was in order.
A fire truck all lit up!!
A beautiful gingerbread house.
The ROTC kids showing off their push up skills.
Even Darth Vader and his daughter showed up.
A lady on a truck, with a tree.
Another selfie, this time with the baby.
Another truck all lit up.
Around 6 I noticed Baylor starting to nod off and within 10 minutes he was out, for good. Even with all the noise going on around him. I took a video of his head bobbing up and down. It was so cute.
We got this semi to honk his horn. Baylor did not even flinch.
This truck honked his horn. Nothing.
Nothing worked to wake him up.
He even missed Santa and the lighting of the tree.
I wanted to take a picture with Baylor by the tree but he was so cranky after his 40 minute nap he would not even consider it. Julie was happy to oblige me.
We went home and watched some Christmas movies and snacked until bed time. Baylor crashed in mid sentence on the couch and Cullen was hoping Baylor would sleep in his room. Julie suggested he sleep on the couch with us and that worked out of everyone. I woke up early and did my usual morning routine: making coffee and dishes. The girls enjoyed having coffee ready and the sink empty. The boys and I were watching TV and talking about being friends forever. And when they have kids, getting them together at Christmas and telling them about this night. I hope so, younglings, I hope so.
We left around 10:30 to head to Mom's for a family holiday, but not holiday, dinner with the Hazel's and Fletcher's. Since most holiday dinners are at Heather's or my house, Mom was missing having dinner at her house so we obliged.






















No comments:
Post a Comment