Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dinner in Tokyo, or at Least Tokyo Diner

One more day until his real birthday and we had our second birthday celebration.  Since I did not invite any family, or my friends and their children to Monkey Joe's, I had to at least have my parents over.  And I invited the Hazel's as well.  Meme and Pap would not have enjoyed our choice of eatery (Meme would, not Pap) 


I told Baylor it was a surprise where we were going and who was going to meet us there.  In typical Thatcher fashion, he guessed where we were going and who was meeting us there. Of course I don't have a good poker face so he said he knew he was right when I would smile.  

We love Tokyo Diner and loved sharing it with our family.  The kids sat in the middle, my parents on one end and Heather and I on the other.  We had another couple join us at the table as well.  The kids did great and had a good time together.  


They bought Baylor a Star Wars shirt and RC Jurassic truck.  He loved them both. 


Baylor was most excited about the onion volcano, which is always impressive!  It did not fail to disappoint anyone.



The kids all used the cheater chopsticks and Baylor was keen to show his cousins how to use them to eat rice.  



I had mentioned when we arrived that is was Baylor's birthday and the brought the kids a pineapple with whipped cream. It must have been a good one because the three of them ate it all!  


Love these kids!!  And that they get along so well and love to be together.  


Heather had to run to Ollie's and was going to join us for cake and coffee later.  Mom and Dad bought him a tee shirt, a Stormtropper winter hat, and the Jurassic World DVD. 



 Needless to say, he was totally stoked to get the DVD.  







I let the kids pick the frosting for their personal chocolate cakes and they blew out candles.  It was another good day celebrating my little guy,  



No comments:

Post a Comment