The day of the Lego Fest Baylor and I had made plans with Ryder to go to the Discover the Dinosaurs on Sunday May 8th. After we made the plans I realized it was also Mother's Day so I checked with Heather to make sure it was OK still. She was fine with it so we picked up Ryder sometime before 10, because we were late as usual, and headed to the Farm Show Complex. The boys were silly in the back talking boy talk. Gloria was off work for Mother's Day so it was nice to have her join us.
They were excited to see the dinosaurs but only for the amount of time it took to look at it, identify it, and move on.
Or to take a few photos.
Dino selfie, this was set up a bit different than the last time and the dinosaurs were different too so I did not feel like we were at the same show.
The boys did seem to enjoy them and liked what they saw.
The boys loved riding the dinos and there were saddles on them as well!
Momma and Baby Triceratops.
Riding a raptor.
Certain death in the mouth of a T-Rex.
Discovering dino bones in the rubber sand.
Then it was off to the bounce houses where they bounced for over two hours.
They did have a snack and beverage break in the middle.
Gloria and I were pretty much parked in the middle of the room where we could keep an eye on them and just talked. Every now and then we would get up to stretch our legs, find the boys, etc. They ran from one place to another and were easy to keep track of. There were several houses some for just little kids, some for big kids, and some for both sizes.
After we talked the boys out of buying very over priced items at the dino show, we took them to 5 Below to buy something much more fun for a lot less money. Then we went to Tokyo Diner for my Mother's Day dinner. Gloria says her Mother's Day is her anniversary of the adoption day. We all got our usual hibachi.
Baylor ate half of mine and all of his.
He loves it so much he said, that is why he ate so much.
Someday we will have a big party and sit in the special room with the high table and floor seating.
When we went home, I weeded while Baylor played with the neighbor girls. The weeding is OUT OF CONTROL. And I have no time. I had a nice catch-up talk with Mandy too while I was out there. It was a good Mother's Day!



























No comments:
Post a Comment