So I fell into making a cake for one of the ladies at COF for her choir group dinner. We talked about what she wanted, white cake, strawberry filling, whipped cream frosting and how big: half a sheet, and when: May 18th. I made the two cakes, made the strawberry gel and sliced the strawberries on Tuesday and got up a bit early in the morning to make the frosting and assemble the cake. Thankfully I am an early riser and this is not a issue, Me running the mixer at 4:20 in the morning could be an issue because other people are sleeping. Thankfully everyone slept through it and I happily frosted away. I mixed up the gel with the strawberries, made a frosting dam and filled up the layer.
Somehow I managed to slide the second cake on top of the first and centered it the first time.
Frosted all over, it is a soft frosting and I was hoping it would not start sliding off the cake before I got it to school and they could get it in the fridge. (that never happened, but it could have)
All pretty with the pretty strawberries on top and the fresh, fruity, slightly unpretty strawberries in the filling.
I had to wake up Gloria to help me slide it into the box because it was so heavy. And since it was taller than my cake box, I used corn skewers (shorter and thicker) to keep the top of the box off the top of the cake. It made it safely to COF and into their fridge. I had a small square cake made for the teachers at COF for them to enjoy as well.





No comments:
Post a Comment