Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Rest of My Week Off

Wednesday Baylor went to Summer Camp and they went to the Maryland Zoo.  He had the tablet and I guess took a selfie of him and Carson.  


I had my first black raspberry in the afternoon. It was delicious! I worked on cleaning up Baylor's room which was a pit of Legos and Nerf guns and stuffed toys.  


There is a sort of peace in our kingdom, sometimes.  


While I was sorting the Lego boxes I discovered Grimm had used this one as a litter box at some point.  I texted Tara to ask if I should wash them or throw them away!  I washed them but, eew cat, what were  you thinking.  


And then I found out he did the same in the toy box in the bathroom that we keep for the toys Baylor uses in the tub.  He has kind of outgrown it so I was going to sort them out as well but they had to be washed first.  


Friday afternoon I headed over to pick up Sean.  He and Baylor were best friends when he went to his grandma's day care home.  They have not seen each other in over a year and I had planned a surprise to have Sean sleep over. We both picked Baylor up at Camp and were happy to see each other.  They instantly started to talk Minecraft and were happy as young miners are.  


Jake is a wack-a-doodle when it comes to the water shooting out of the hose.  He loves to play with it, try to chew it, and attack the sprayer.  


The boys decided to go swimming after 7:30 which is nice because the sun is not beating down on them but then it cools off fast and feels cold! They had fun.   


Jake was on lifeguard duty, protecting the boys from having too much fun.  


Saturday I puttered around the house while the boys played. We had a lot of laundry from the beach  I unpacked the clean laundry onto the bed and Jake decided to take a nap. A quiet dog does not cause trouble so I just had to wait for him to wake up before putting the clothes away.


Baylor went to Ryder's after we dropped Sean off at his house.  I actually rested for a while, which rarely happens.  I pulled Jake up for a cuddle to make sure I was not tempted to get up too soon.  


Eventually I did get up and take him to the dog park.  He needs his friend time too.  And time to make his own mud pit.  


He loved to fetch a stick in the creek. He does get a bit crazy and stick possessive but it does not happen too often thankfully.  



Sunday morning I picked up Baylor and we headed to my parents for Father's Day lunch.  I sent him a Snap first.  


Nothing says I Love you, Dad than black raspberries, coffee and a package of liver.  He was happy with all of them.  


Happy Father's Day lunch at his favorite pizza place.  He even had a small beer, which he has been avoiding for several months.  He has been avoiding pizza too and I am sure his blood sugar was crazy by evening.  But it was a nice lunch and good way to end my vacation week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment