Friday, October 12, 2018

Environmental Field Day

I was able to volunteer for the field day this year.  Last year I had to cancel because work got in the way!  I dropped Baylor off at school and headed over to Pincot Park to wait for the kids to show up.  It was a beautiful and crisp morning.  I was underdressed and so was Baylor.  I had a lucky assignment of hanging with the class all day instead of working at the stations.  It was fun being with them all day as we went from each station.  


We had animal bingo first.  It was super breezy so they had to keep a hold of their bingo cards or they went flying. 


They played Predator and Prey, a game of tag. 





At lunch they could sit with whoever they wanted and of course these two went off together.  





We saw Ryder and Landon for a quick bit before we headed off to the next station. 


With the parachute they were to be learning about wind.  The leaders put different objects onto the chute and they followed whatever wave pattern they were told to do.  




They did different relays at this station.  


Class photo on the wall  



The nature walk is a good walk.  The instructor has students giving a small instructional message to all the kids going past.  Everyone gets a turn teaching.  



The Bendy Tree is very much liked by the instructor.  


Teaching the Slippery Elm leaves are slippery.




They went fishing for their last station.  Only one girl caught a fish but they all had fun casting. 





It was time for the kids to wait for the buses so also time for a few selfies to send to respective Moms. 





Since it was Friday the dogs were at daycare all day and that means my favorite evening all week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment