Prepping for the Halloween party starts in September and goes right up to the party. The garage takes one day alone and the last few years I have done it alone. And this year I got it done and was ready for our guests at noon on Saturday.
Molly and Sabrina were my first guests. Molly was a vampire and had fun doing all the games for prizes.
I could not have asked for better weather. It was sunny, warm and no wind or rain!
Sabrina was dressed as Catboy from PJ Masks. Most kids did not dress up, which is fine with me. I don't dress up either.
Of course I had the bounce house, it is the most favorite part of the party. That is where I lose Baylor until he is hungry or thirsty. He is there all day long! As are most of the kids which is why we get it every year.
The first pinata was a piggie from Angry Birds. He think he turned out great!! These are what I have to start on in September. The rest of the games are already done and just need set up in the morning.
We always go youngest to oldest and this year Owen was first.
And then everyone else
Until the piggie was dead and emptied. Then I hung up the Golden Snitch for the next one later in the afternoon.
Both Grandparents came to the event to enjoy the food and watch the grandsons have fun. Both Dave and Adam were there as well and stayed out with us for a long time.
Roxie wanted to be part of the fun and I did take turns walking the dogs around to meet everyone. They were both very good party hosts.
Carson was using the dress up box to perfection!
Landon and Joey were there as well.
I was able to sit and talk with my dad and friends for a good bit of the afternoon. The party was going smoothly and I did not need to mingle or help out with much. It was nice! And we went well past the 4:00 end time because it was still so nice and some people arrived late. It was just a lovely day for a party.
Heather was the only one who dressed up and I loved her costume!!
The snitch did not last as long as I thought it would but they kids got at least one whack at it each.
And then it fell on the ground and was an easier target. It gave way at the hanger and there was not much I could do to hang it back up. Some of them whacked it, some tried to golf it. In the end Baylor dumped it.
We did not have rain but we had a rainbow. It was lovely!
And then it had a twin!! Twice as lovely.
Tara and I had fun with the rainbow.
Her and Lucas stayed the night so she would not have to make the drive late in the evening. It was nice having a sleep over, lazy breakfast and to send her and Lucas off with a full belly! Nothing left to do but clean up!!














































No comments:
Post a Comment