Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The A.pple did not fall far from this tree

I was born in Germany (dad was in the US AF).  When was 18 months we moved to the US and they had this photo taken of me in my dirndl. We still have the dress somewhere.  That is why I bought the lederhosen for Baylor for his 18 month photo.
 
Do we look like we are related at all? 

In other news, I took a pass on trying for a baby this month.  The few tests I do to check my fertility just did not line up right and I was not comfortable just giving it a shot so to speak.  With only three chances at a full sibling I want to make extra sure we are doing it at the right time.  So back they go again.  This is their second trip to the office, I was sick last month.  I have been following blogs of other women trying to conceive and those that were successful.  It gives me hope but also gives me some pain.  I was pregnant on the third try with the office's help and I have only had two insems this time.  But only having three to work with just makes is that much more stressful. Stress is not what I need to be feeling right now.  Thankfully I have my wonderful son to hold and love and if that is all that is meant to be I can be happy with that too.  But I will be trying in August and bought additional testing options to try to pinpoint the right time! 40 is looming closer and closer every month.  That is enough to stress me out just with that. 
This morning Baylor dropped a book between our vanity and wall today.  I used a stick to get it out and along with it came a bookmark that said 'Miracles happen to those who believe."  It was not mine and could have possibly been from a past home owner.  It is a small space and I really don't have time to try to clean out the dust and crap back there.  Anyway I nearly took it as a sign but I am not sure I believed it this month.  I have it on my desk and will keep it in mind. 

1 comment:

  1. You two look like twins!
    I love that you found that bookmark. How cool is that! I have a pencil that I found in a similar fashion. It reads, "Write to be Heard". I also keep it on my desk for inspiration. I hope you get what you desire. I don't know your personal struggle but you are right, Stressing won't help. I know that much for sure.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete