Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Train we can ride

When we were on vacation, Baylor was devastated that we could not find a train to ride when were were at Horseshoe Curve.  I knew we would be taking a trip to Strasburg today and told him we would be going soon to ride a train. We met my high school friend Stacy and her family at her house and headed to the station.  It is about 5 miles from there house so it was a short trip.  However, we arrived just as the 12:00 train was pulling out. 


We waited an hour at the station until the next train. Baylor ran around the station while baby Ian took a nap in his mother's arms.  The train arrived back at the station on time and Baylor was super excited!


 


The happy new family, Ian, Stacey, and Marshall. It was Ian's first ride on the train, but I am not sure he will remember it!


He waited a bit impatiently for the train to get moving.


Ian woke up for a bit and found his thumb.  He decided he was hungry after a bit and had a snack and another nap.  Does two bits make fifty cents or a dollar?


Baylor spent most of the ride with his head out the window.  Thankfully they are held up very well and there was little fear of it coming down.  I know, I know but I am a mom. I think of these things!


At the end of the tracks, the train moves to the front of the train to take it back to the station. Baylor watched the whole thing, head out the window.


I forgot to turn off the flash and he forgot to take his fingers out of his mouth! 


We went back to Stacey's house and ate ice cream with sprinkles.  We walked to the park across the street from their house and let Baylor play off any more energy.  It did not take too long and he wanted me to carry him back.  I asked him why and he said he legs were broke.  It amazes me how he can reason like that but cannot tell me when he has to pee to go on the potty.  This too shall pass.  He was asleep in no time and has been sleeping for the last two hours in bed.  He will love to tell his story to Momma when he wakes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment