Let me start out by saying I was not the photographer for this day and while I explained to Lori how to use the simple point and shoot camera, she still managed to mess things up. If you ever saw any photos taken by any member of her family you would understand she gets it honestly. Every trip she takes him on and I ask for photos, she does the same thing. Somehow she moves the dial on the camera to some setting that makes for super blurry photos. E.v.e.r.y.t.i.m.e. I carried that camera with me for two years, every where, and never moved the setting. E.v.e.r. It is what it is.
The Strasburg Railroad has Thomas for a few weeks every year a couple of times in the year. I have driven past it on a weekend when Thomas was there and it was a sea of little heads and craziness. I called to see if there was any time that was less busy and the lady on the phone laughed a bit before saying No. I was not able to go with them but I have been to Strasburg with Baylor twice this year without Lori so it was OK for them to go by themselves. Lori had to order the special tickets to ride the Thomas train but I had a free ticket to ride the regular train also. There is Thomas pulling into the station. Of course his face is nearly covered by a sign but we all know he is there, right?
The entire time we were talking to him about going to Strasburg, Baylor would tell us he wanted to ride the train with the conductor. He is young and gets hung up on one thing and that is the only thing he will focus on. Like ladders on construction vehicles. If we see a digger he will ask were is the ladder? We see a truck, where is the ladder? It can be in a book and he will ask where is the ladder. Anyway, of course when Lori saw the conductor hat she bought it for him. He wore it the entire day and even during his nap. I just noticed the butt shoot in the back ground. Nice. Sorry lady, your rear is now on my blog too.
Another shot of Thomas but you can see the camera setting has now been changed for the rest of the trip. I even showed her where it needed to be set. Breath in and let it go.
The Thomas ride was only about 20 minutes and then they rode the regular train which is about 45 minutes. He fell asleep on the ride back even though it was still fairly early for him. Two train rides in one day is a lot for a little guy! I think Lori enjoyed her day riding trains too.
I'm jealous. I need to post huge asses on my Blog. Where is Gloria when I need her? Seriously, why does she move the settings? How hard can it be not to touch anything?
ReplyDeleteLove that Baylor though!
Your Friend, m.
Ha! How neat that we were both there... And my Julie does that same thing with pictures. I don't get it! :)
ReplyDelete