Poor Mark, Fred with a dot on his head, and Simon were living in a pretty dingy pond. I apparently do not have the right mix of plants, animals and light to keep the algae down and it was getting out of control. I bought a small filter and pump online to try to help out with the house keeping. I wish I could buy a filter to keep up with my house keeping. I should look into that.
I put the plants in one container and the fish and snail went into the white one while we cleaned things up a bit. Baylor loved dumping the water over the railing onto the gardens below. He liked me catching the fish in one of his nets but I hope he does not get any crazy ideas later about catching the fish. I put in the pump and rebuilt their cave, installed the plants and filled up the pond. I rather unceremoniously dumped the fish into the new pond freshly filled with well water. It gets really cold fresh from the well. They survived and are doing well.
There are fish in there. The water was pretty dirty.
My camera battery was low and I was only able to take the one photo until it quit and I had to get the old camera. Baylor took some photos with the camera that Lori messes up when she uses it. Don't you think he does better with the camera than Momma?
No comments:
Post a Comment