Sunday, July 31, 2011

A new Pond to Swim in

One morning about two weeks ago, I went out to feed the fish and there was about 2 inches of water left in our pond.  The pond was really just a large flower pot and although it was sealed it apparently developed a fatal leak.  The poor fish were nearly out of water especially for Fred who is larger than Mark.  I quickly filled up the pond and made sure Lori checked on them throughout the day.  I stopped by Stauffer's to buy a liner and asked if they had the half whiskey barrels, which is what I should have started out with to begin with.  They were out in the loading area which is why I never saw them before.  So for $80.00 we have a whiskey barrel and liner that will not leak.  It is even bigger than the flower pot so the fish have even more room. 


I moved all the stuff into the new pond and once it was half full, we moved the fish into their new crib. 



They seem to like their new place. They have more room and it is cleaner with the new filter.  When we were changing ponds we found three baby snails so Simon may be a Simone!  Baylor loved seeing them and kept asking where they were once they slid off the rocks. 




A few days later, we were happy to find a water lily blooming!  It was our first flower. 



The new pond was worth the money and we can now use the old pond as a flower pot!  Reuse and recycle is the motto around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment