Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Robi

Last weekend was Robin's birthday party.  She is the daughter of my good friend Steph.  I have known her since I moved to this area in 1997 or 1998.  I can never remember the year because it was a crazy time in my life and I think I have blanked out a lot of it.  But I do remember how I met Steph.  I was at a new job and she had already been there for a few months.  She was walking around and I remember thinking I hope I get to work with her someday because she seemed like someone I would like to be friends with. I got my wish when they opened up a very early shift, 6 to 2:30 and we both applied for and were put on that shift.  We became friends like I wanted and have been ever since.  She helped me get through that rough time and I am grateful to her and her family who have essentially added me to their family. 

She is lucky to have a summer birthday because it can be outside with lots of people.  They have a nice sized backyard and this year added a trampoline.  It was pretty crazy with too many kids until Robin's Aunt Wendy took over and only allowed one kid at a time and made them stand in line.  Baylor waited his turn but I asked Wendy if her daughter Abby could show him the ropes.  He loves older girls and she is an excellent big sister and knew what to do. 



After a bit she was done jumping and Baylor had it all to himself.  I love this shot, he looks like he is the instructor to an exercise video.


I remember going to see Robin in the hospital the day after she was born. Now look at her, jumping with my son on the trampoline on her birthday. Baylor loved playing with her. 



And jumping by himself again.  We will be sure to come over some time when there are less kids around and he can jump until his legs wobble!





Happy Birthday Robin! 



And finally a picture with Nana Heidi.  She is Steph's mom, one of my adopted Mom's, and one of Baylor's grandmas.  She watched Baylor on Fridays from the time I went back to work in January 2009 to October 2009 when she became sick.  She ended up having a triple bypass and had a stroke while having surgery so she was not able to watch him anymore after that.  But she did a wonderful job with him when he was there and we are so glad she was able to watch him during those months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment