Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me and Update on Meme

Today is my 41st birthday and I spent it in the with my father in law and Lori while Meme had a triple bypass.  She did really well for the surgery which is of course what we were hoping for. 


 It was hard seeing her being wheeled off and she was crying. Norman had the same surgery but a quad bypass done 14 years ago. He is doing well and I am sure she will do the same.   We stayed around for about 2 hours after surgery was done but she was still not awake.  Since she was doing well,  Norman and Lori wanted to leave.  We had been there since 4:30 and Norman wanted to get headed home.  He is still drained from being sick and wanted to go home to rest.  I know Lori will be going everyday this week when she is off the vent and awake.  We are very happy how well it went as there was another family in the waiting room that was not getting such good news.  It was a sad day for them and I am sure I will always wonder how it turned out. 


Grandma and Buddy came over yesterday to watch Baylor today so he would not have to go to the sitter's.  Not that there is anything wrong with going there, he is just not used to going a lot.  Mom crawled into bed with him so he would not wake up alone.  He is not used to that and while they do not like that we still co-sleep, she did it willingly which was a bit of a surprise.  They had a great day together and had dinner and cake ready for us when we got home. 


We had to do the candles twice because I was taking pictures of Baylor blowing out the candles and someone realized I should be blowing them out and took the camera from me.  I think I was fine with just Baylor in the picture.  He is the best present I have and I am so blessed to have him as my son! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm new here but still so happy to read that the surgery went well. And is there anything better than a small person and a big cake?

    ReplyDelete