While he favors his right hand, he will use his left hand if it seems easier to get the job done. (sometimes I do that too!) I did not get a photo of it but sometimes he used both at once.
One of my girls did that throughout preschool, and the teacher said she'd eventually favor one hand over the other. Hasn't happened. She chooses what to do with which hand. I'd say she's become right-side dominant, but I wouldn't characterize her as right-handed by any means. She is one of those people who uses whichever hand is closest to what she wants to get/draw/write/do. It think it's awesomely cool. She doesn't quite get that it's not something just anyone can do.
Hey, I tried to copy a link from Youtube yesterday when I saw this but the sound wasn't happening. Anyway, when I read this post yesterday, I thought of this painter from a blog that I follow. http://joydonovan.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-paint.html mark
One of my girls did that throughout preschool, and the teacher said she'd eventually favor one hand over the other. Hasn't happened. She chooses what to do with which hand. I'd say she's become right-side dominant, but I wouldn't characterize her as right-handed by any means. She is one of those people who uses whichever hand is closest to what she wants to get/draw/write/do. It think it's awesomely cool. She doesn't quite get that it's not something just anyone can do.
ReplyDeleteHey, I tried to copy a link from Youtube yesterday when I saw this but the sound wasn't happening. Anyway, when I read this post yesterday, I thought of this painter from a blog that I follow.
ReplyDeletehttp://joydonovan.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-paint.html
mark