Friday, May 25, 2012

Excavating Bugs

What do I love more, my little man whacking away at a block of ice or having an ice cream mustache? 


Thanks to my obsession with Pinterest, I find all sorts of things to do with Baylor.  Some of them I excute to completion, some I get half done, and most I dream about between meals, dishes, laundry, etc.  This one took a few days to get ready and then sat in the freezer for the right day to pull out. Some layers I added color to but in each layer I added plastic dollar store bugs for him to find and excavate.


I bought out salt and water and he found tools to bash and dash the ice with. 



The sun helped out a bit as it was quite sunny. I helped out a lot because I kept pouring water over it and adding heaps of salt.   It melted in odd areas and tunnels appeared out of no where.  



Eventually all the bugs were out and it was just pieces of ice he could haul around and break up into smaller pieces.  I have another one started in the freezer now.


It was the ice cream mustache.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mustache too!
    And boys sure do like breaking things.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally cool idea! This sounds like something we will have to do at Papa's this summer in NY!

    ReplyDelete