Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sunrise

This morning I opened the door to leave for work and the sky was a gorgeous mix of pinks, purples and oranges.  I called back to Baylor to come see the sunrise and he and I awed at the beautiful sky.  
 
 
 I love that my son can appreciate a sunrise, a sunset, the moon at any stage, the stars, clouds, and even the sun. The moon by far holds the strongest appeal. I think that goes back to my love of the moon.  It has always been my favorite celestial body.  I remember when Baylor was younger, having a bad dream or crying jag and nothing would work to break the pattern, I would take him out to the deck, no matter what time of year or night, to sit out there until it was over. It might take 15 minutes or more or just three, but it would always work. Being outside would break the jag and he would calm down and cuddle.  As he got older, we would point out the stars, planets, airplanes, and of course the moon.  And sometimes a helicopter.  He would point and say helicopter. More often than not, there was a helicopter flying across the big bluish black thing.  Often at night he will ask to look for the moon and we will run around the house going to the back and the front, the alley, looking for that moon.  Most nights we can see it from the deck but sometimes it is a hunt. And sometimes we find it in the morning, which is always a fun surprise.  I hope he never loses his appreciation for the world around and above him. 

 
And never loses the joy of blowing milk bubbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment