Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Mom and Dad came up Thursday to watch Baylor on Friday.  Mr. Pete had a knee replacement on Tuesday and Mrs. Brenda was off all week. Since they were going to be here we decided to make our Christmas cookies on Saturday.  Friday night as I was cleaning out the back of the baking cupboard I pulled out bag after bag of assorted chips and such.  I filled my largest tub over flowing. I posted on Facebook that I had enough chips to last until the end of the world and since that was happening on Friday I had better get to baking. 
 
 
Saturday morning came soon enough and this was what I saw for most of the day.  That and the oven door. 

 
My helper was eager enough in the beginning because he had requested black (chocolate) Christmas trees for Santa and he was going to help me with them.

 
I bought dish towels last year after Christmas at Target to make aprons for the kiddos and Monday night I whipped out all four of them.  Baylor had to put his on he said because that made us chefs.  I had mine on naturally as did Grandma.  Baylor told her she was a good chef's assistance. 

 
Spiderman even helped to roll out the dough. 


Finally it was rolled out enough to start cutting out trees.  Each tree had a star on the top and were decorated liberally with sprinkles. 



 
We gave Grandma jobs she could do sitting down such as filling cookies or dropping them on the to cookie trays. 

 
After this we were too busy for more photos but we had the oven on for 13 hours, used 4.5 lbs of butter, two bags of flour, a ton of white and brown sugar, over a dozen and a half of eggs.  And when I turned off the oven I still had a dough for the roll out cookies in the fridge.
 
On the plate are Petite Peppermint Sandwiches, Gingerbread Pinwheels, Fudge-filled Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies, Minty Cocoa Fudge Sandwich Cookies, Snickerdoodle Cookies.  Eggnog Sandwich Cookies, and Chocolate Caramel Cookies.  Also on the plate but made by Mom earlier in the week are Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut-butter cookies, Pecan Sandies, Maple Pecan Cookies, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

 
And here is the pile up of them.  I took a cookie tray to Nana Heidi's and Steph said she does not have time to make cookies so we hooked her up with two contaniers full.  Lori is going to take a tray to work and I will also.  We will share with the neighbor's for Christmas and then I really want them out of here!!  I like to make them but I don't want them around to eat. 

 
Sunday morning we made the roll out cookies with lots sprinkles. 
 


 
While I was baking Baylor was playing with the truck.  It was a fort, a playhouse, a pirate ship and maybe a few more incarnations I missed out on.  It has a locking arm but it is not fool-proof.  We wedged a wooden hammer in the gap to keep it up for good.  He packed it full of items he needed on his adventures!  

 
 
And I finally remembered to take a picture of the back yard. Nothing going on back there.  Friday is the first day of Winter and possibly the end of the world.  I guess we will see on Saturday! 


2 comments:

  1. My gosh! Your entire life is a baking, craft, art show. Awesomeness! Those cookies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete