Christmas Eve day was a big day for my little man and he crashed on the couch early in the evening. I swear he grows every night because he is getting bigger right in front of my eyes and I cannot seem to see it happen.
He must have been on the good list this year because Santa was very good to him. Mamma and I were on the good list also because he was very good to us too.
Baylor decided to leave some candy for Santa instead of cookies. He seemed to like the peppermint patties and the red licorice this year.
He slept well but I did not. I am not sure what my problem was but I was awake for most of the night and woke up sick. We all woke up at 5:30 and Lori egged him to go out to see if Santa had showed up. I heard his squeal with excitement to see he had arrived and left lots of gifts under the tree. He at least waited for us to come out there and for me to start the coffee. And then it was game on and paper off.
He even helped Eddy open her gift. She was feeling poorly that day also. I am not sure what her issue was but both of us felt better by Wednesday.
In typical four year old style his first interest was simply ripping the wrapping paper to open the gifts. Then he went back to see what he received. I was trying to enjoy the moment while feeling pretty bad. Lori was having her traditional Christmas morning nap on the couch as I was putting together the tiny Lego vehicles and the Playmobile pirates. That stuff is my job anyway I was just not feeling up to it at the time. But it was Christmas and he needed he toys put together to play with.
Then he wanted to play in the snow so we dressed up to go outside. He received a snowman kit for Christmas from a great Aunt. The snow was still on the ground but was already starting to melt. It packed together well to make the snowman but right after we were done, it fell over. He enjoyed stomping on the remains, just like he did last year. He is all boy and destruction is a part of his gene make up.
Baylor really loves snowball fighting which is hard for me to fight back with me backing away with the camera. But I got him again later when I was camera free.
After we came in I remembered that Santa may have left some gifts by his little tree in the basement. We raced down there and lo and behold there were three gifts under the little tree. He was excited for a few more gifts and one he decided to take to play with at Buddy's. By 11:00 we were on our way to my parents for lunch. I was not sure if I was going to be able to eat it but the rest of the family still had not had breakfast. We stopped at the gas station for gas, coffee and something for them to eat until lunch at 1:00. We opened gifts before lunch and Baylor did really well handing out gifts to Buddy and Grandma.
See the Lincoln logs? There were found in the basement tree and he wanted to keep them at Buddy's. They are fun to have someone build a fort for him to tear down.
He was like this the whole time! Laughing and happy and saying, "Well look at that!" at everything he opened. He was so cute and Mom was still taking about it today.
For some reason he still wants to sit in the high chair at Grandma's house. I remember the first time we put him in there and he barely could hold himself up.
We ate lunch but I was so tired Mom said she would be fine if we just headed home. So we did. Baylor was good and played well while I just tried to keep up with him. Thankfully at 6:30 he said he wanted to go to bed. But right before that we received a phone message from my friend Molly telling us she broke her leg, was in the hospital and her cancer had spread. We tried to call her back but she could not talk so I called her this morning.
She had fallen after the Church service on Monday night so at least she with with other people and not home alone. She broke it right near her hip joint. They did surgery on her leg Tuesday night and she was walking around already on Wednesday. The Otho Dr did not think the cancer was in her bones and she is going with that. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer not long after I met her which was in the late 1990's. She had several treatments back then and it has been in remission since then. She said their first mission is to heal her leg and then they will worry about the state of the cancer. We are going to go see her this weekend to share our Christmas gifts since she usually comes to our house for New Year's. I am looking forward to seeing her and I hope she gets some good news soon.
Wow, that a Christmas! Looks like Baylor had a blast, even if you weren't feeling so up to it this year. I got sick the day after Christmas, so there is definitely something going around! So sorry to hear about your friend, I hope that she will get some good news too.
ReplyDelete