Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Catch Up

 
Sorry for the radio silence.  I apparently have too many photos stored between the blog and Picasa, which I rarely use.  I did not want to buy more space for a monthly charge and was too lazy to figure anything else out.  Thankfully Tara figured out a solution for me this weekend.  I removed files from Picasa and can post again. And I am pretty burnt out.  I have been party planning and preparing since September and I need a break. But the parties are over for this year and I am not hosting any Christmas get togethers so I will get a break. So to catch up....
 
I have fallen off the fall photo wagon but I hope to catch up on it soon.  Not much has changed back there other than toys being moved around. 
 
Baylor napped on the living room floor in his sleeping bag that he received for his birthday.   Awwwww.
 
 
We had cake for breakfast the day after his party. Doesn't everyone? Sundays have special rules anyway!  I am sure you can imagine what all that food coloring does to one's gastrointestinal system.  Lori had a few questions on Monday to make sure it was nothing other than cake going on. 

 
It took a few nights of convincing, but I finally was able to get him to sit for the photo in his red shirt and jeans.  One day they will fit, I know it. 

 
See how much better it fits three years since I bought them for him?
 
 
Thanksgiving weekend was really nice weather and we did a lot of playing outside.  Baylor plays more than I do as I am usually trying to get something done.  We cleaned up the dead vines in the garden and pruned the raspberry and rose canes. I dug up the horseradish roots and made fresh horseradish.  I have plants that were originally from my grandpa's garden.  They have never grown very big because they are in a fairly shady area so I do not get very much.  This year I gave my crop to my brother and sister in law as a gift.  I also planted some roots in a sunnier spot so I hope next year to have more roots to grate and share.  
 
 
It is very strong stuff but we had the house open and no one was affected. 

 
On Thanksgiving Baylor set the table for us while I was cooking.  He found paper plates and first gave us all his utensils and then pulled out our regular table ware and I added our dinner plates. He was trying and we truly appreciated.  And he was shirtless this year just like he was last year.  Unfortunately Lori's parents were not able to join us because a plumber's work is never done.  Norman was on a call until very early in the morning and he was just too tired to make the trip. 

 
Lori took a shot at carving the turkey this year.  She did pretty good for her first time but I think I will have her practice on some chickens this coming year. I love the look on her face.  She hates food on bones and I a really surprised she wanted to attempt it. 

 
Black Friday we did not go out shopping in the early morning but rather worked on setting up our Christmas tree.  Baylor got into the spirit by wearing the tree skirt, or Santa dress, and his Santa hat!  When we went shopping later that day I bought a plain Santa dress with a 40% off coupon at AC Moore.  He was more than pleased to have his own dress.  We went to the craft store, Wal*mart, and Wegmans.  We had lunch at Wegmans, which is quite expensive for the two of us to eat.  But he loves it and eats lots of veggies off the Asian take out bar. 

 
With the two aquariums in the living room we do not have a lot of extra space.  They are too much to move right now so we removed the two end tables and lamps and pushed the couches to the ends of the walls.  There was some cleaning to do before we could put up the tree.  Baylor is usually a very good cleaning helper and was quick with the floor mop and vacuum. 

 
Baylor put the floor mop into the tree stand. Being four he does not have a lot of patience with the process of things and just wanted the tree to be put up now. 

 
He was very helpful in sorting out the branches and put color code keys with the piles.  The duster was the pink code and he had his white electric truck for the white code.  A brown pillow was the brown code and the mop was the green code. 

 
We put the tree up and a zillion lights without any issues.  Baylor's first decorations were balloons. Not the blown up kind, the deflated kind fresh from the bag or soggy kind from being blown up and let loose around the room.  

 
There may be a few still hiding in the branches though I tired to remove them without being noticed.   

 
My sleepy babies took a nap on the couch together by the light of the tree. Friday we only got this far but by Sunday the living room had become a Christmas Wonderland!    

 
I started this post with a napping son and I guess I will end it with one. 


2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! You've been a busy Bee, so you definitely deserve a break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! You posted! Looking forward to more... Glad cleaning out Picasa was the answer...

    What is the tale with the red shirt and pants?

    ReplyDelete