Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas with the Cousins

Saturday we headed to Heather's in the morning for our Christmas celebration with her family.  Her dad and step mom flew up for Chili on Friday and Saturday worked out the best for my parents and us to come to her house.  Baylor and I had to stop at their Wal*mart to pick up some photos I need for Christmas gifts.  They were the closest store that would take my one hour photo order and thankfully we were going down there anyway.  It was not very crowded for the Saturday before Christmas and we picked up a few last minute items and headed to Heather's.  Baylor loves Connor's play room and brought out his favorite toys right away.

 
Brigid did not wake up until nearly lunch time and she was ready to play.  She ran off to where the boys were and the three of them commenced playing chase with her. 

 
Heather switched her old living room and dining room before Halloween and she is going keep it that way.  Her dad had bought this diner bench before he moved south and it has always been in the living room anyway.  This year it was the kids table and they enjoyed eating together. 
 
 
As did the adults.  I am standing behind my parents and I was sitting next to John.  Mom and I brought food also and Heather made the ham, mac and cheese, homemade applesauce, and sweet potato casserole.  Mom brought fruit salad which has always been Heather's favorite.  I brought cheesey potato casserole and Brussels sprouts.  I also brought appetizers consisting of beer cheese dip, chipped beef dip with assorted crackers, and Greek pinwheels. The meal was wonderful

 
Heather bought this hat for Brigid a long time ago and was waiting for the photos this year for her to wear.  Apparently sh wanted nothing to do with wearing and this was the first time she wore it long enough to get a photo and she even smiled.  I am glad I caught the moment. 

 
We had the kids open up their gifts and I think everyone enjoyed what they received. 
 
 

 
I made Brigid a tutu for one of her gifts.  She did not want to wear it but as her mommy had a good time with it.  I am sure she will like to dance around in it some day. 

 
Connor really loved the RC truck we bought him.  Baylor loved to bash into it while it was driving past.  Connor was not a fan of that action and I had to have a talk with Baylor, several times, about not bashing into the truck. 

 
While the boys were playing us girls worked on some Oreo truffles.  Brigid would not stay with anyone else than Mommy so I put her on the counter to help.  Other than all but spinning in her seat she was a good little helper.  With the extra chocolate we covered animal crackers and she dropped them into the bowl for us. 


 
She even helped me with the white chocolate truffles. 

 
And then she found the green sugar and then it was all over the place.

 
We quickly cleaned it all up and was right with her world again. 

 
After the truffles were done we headed home.  Baylor was asleep in minutes and did not wake up for another 12 hours.  In the morning he went right for his new presents: a fire truck (Santa must have told Aunt Heather he wanted one because that was one of the two gifts he asked for), a new helicopter, a shaving kit(he shaved his legs this morning), a puzzle, and a big dart gun.  All real boy toys and all very well played with already! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment