Friday, December 14, 2012

Nearly Caught Up

Saturday was the Christmas Aunt's meeting at DiAnn's house. Mom and Dad were not able to go because Dad is having trouble getting around. He found out he needs his right replacement knee replaced and they cannot do it until January.  And he has a hernia that needs repaired after that.  So on top of my usual biscuits, I had to make the sausage gravy.  It is not an Aunt's meeting with out these two items.  If fact when Aunt Betty found out Mom was not going to be there her first reaction was oh no there won't be any sausage gravy.  Lynda assured her I had brought both.  I had also made Eggnog Cinnamon Pull Apart Rolls.  I love eggnog anything and combined with cinnamon rolls, yum!! 
 
Brigid was her usual adorable self and went right away to play with the other kids.  It is wonderful the way the other kids love to play with the little ones.  Rachel especially took over with the kids this meeting. 
 
 
They were all playing in the living room and the older girls were taking pictures so I sent my camera out and they took a few for me.  Eli is holding Brigid, Connor and Baylor, and Rachel is holding Paisley.  She is LaDawn's first grandchild and is a month younger than Brigid. 

 
DiAnn brought the rocking horse to the tree and they took photos of the little girls on the horse. 

 
For years DiAnn and Leslie have told the story of the orange styrofoam ball with sequins Leslie made when they were younger.  And years ago I bought a mess of sequins for next to nothing.  I have been moving them around the basement between floods, remodeling and just moving stuff.  This year I made it a point to buy styrofoam balls and brought the sequins to the meeting.  Around the table we sat pinning tiny a sequins with tiny pins, talking, laughing, and having a good time.  The older women were sitting in the dining room and we could hear them talking, laughing and having a good time.  It was a wonderful memory in the making.  Lynda came out and told us for the first three years of the Aunt's meetings they always did crafts.  But they stopped because they would spend so much time talking they never finished them.  As we were sitting there working and talking we got a taste of why women would having quilting bees and such.  It was so nice having our hands busy, spending time talking about more personal stuff than we usually do, and feeling closer to each other. 



 
Eventually the older crowd was getting antsy to exchange gifts but we wanted to do a photo first.  For posterity's sake here is everyone from back row left to right: Lynda Wilt, Kathy Miller, Betty Hersey, Bobby Zimmerman, Sis Zimmerman, Heather Hazel, Leslie Strayer, Joan Neuzem, DiAnn Edwards. Left to right again first row: Dick Hersey, Lauren Anile, Kay Snyder, me, Baylor, Brigid Hazel, Connor Hazel, Eli Strayer, Aaron Strayer, and Klaudia Edwards.  They make up a wonderful family I am blessed to be a part of. 


 
Sunday Baylor and I went to SKH to see the reindeer.  We have gone the last three years and he was still excited. 

 
It was Star again, Dasher's cousin. 

 
This year she did not rush off the kids and let them pet her before running off to Santa. 

 
Santa gave out lolly canes, which he still loves.  But just the little ones.  I picked up a few more around the store for later. 

 
We found the stuffed deer again this year.  Is it wrong that we do the same things every year?  I need to find a few new things to do I think. 

 
This sparkly gem reindeer was new! 

 
We bought a beautiful silver sparkly 48 inch tree, bird seed, and an Old World Santa ornament for the tree.  I love my new tree, one cannot have enough trees in my humble opinion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment