We are alive and are glad we were well enough to make the trip to Lucas's Third Birthday Party. Tara had it at Zinga's Frozen Yogurt. We were early and after a potty stop we headed to the toy store in the same plaza to kill some time. As we were walking by Zinga's, Tara knocked on the window. She was getting ready so I stayed to help with the last few bits of tape and Lori and Baylor went to the toy store. They came back with a new grabber. His old one meet a crushing fate in the driveway over the summer. Tara had a cute snowman and paint chip theme going on. She made the invitations with paint chips and created the awesome banner with paint chips. The balloons were decorated as snowmen with snowman themed gifts for the guests.
Since it was a long drive and we never travel with food for him, Baylor was pretty hungry by the time we arrived. I plied him with a sample cup of triple chocolate frozen yogurt to hold him over until the party started. He made a cute chocolate mustache with it.
The kids were trickling in and then so did the birthday boy! He was excited and a bit overwhelmed! Baylor had made quick friends with Thea and they were both right there to greet him.
And then it was off to play. Poor Thea kept getting told by her mom to stop running and it was Baylor having her chase him around. My quiet child has become a leader of trouble. But I am glad he was become quick to make friends and enjoy the friendship of other kids.
The kids were able to have as much yogurt and toppings as they wanted. Lori and I wanted some also but neither of us reached the sweet spot weight of 13.4 or more and it would have been free! I should have piled some more Reese's on there! I had a brownie bottom with cheesecake froyo, triple chocolate froyo, and red raspberry sorbet with strawberries, blueberries, mangos, chocolate sauce, Reese's. It was delicious but the sorbets gave me brain freeze!
Tara made the cute snowman shirt with a glue resist technique. It turned out really nice.
After they were done eating, Baylor and Thea played ring around the rosie several times. Right in front of the door of course. The poor people trying to get in to get a frozen treat had to weave their way past all the kids.
After the behind the scenes tour, the kids were given balloons which turned into a balloon bopping festival. Baylor was right in the thick of it of course. He loves bopping balloons!
I convinced Lori we could visit for a bit at Lucas's tree house and she agreed to two hours. Charlotte was a sweet kitty of course and was strongly drawn to the ribbons from the balloons and was batting at them on the table. Baylor loved her up and would follow her around whenever she moved.
Tara brought out Ellefun which I have seen in the stores but never thought to buy. But the boys had a great time catching the 'butterflies' shooting out of her trunk. Remarkably, there was no fighting over them and they all helped pick them up each time.
Even when Baylor was blasted with them! Which he loved!
Baylor asked for an apple so all the boys ended up having one also. James, Baylor and Lucas all shared some time on the couch watching Pingo, a penguin preschooler show.
I hinted to Tara that I would like to see Lucas open our gifts because while I knew he would not be too interested in them she would really appreciate it. I never took a photo while I was working on it (too sick to remember such a detail) and it was after it was wrapped that I remembered I had not taken a photo of the finished piece.
So I stole this from Tara. I knew that she sang The Rainbow Connection to Lucas and I wanted to make him a quilt of the words to the first verse. It was a pretty free form, organic project. I did not plan much and just kept working on it stage by stage. And being sick for most of it, I could not think very far into the next step. Of course there are things I would change now that I have more control of my brain but it turned out close to my vision. I also made him six bean bags (stuffed with rice). Lucas enjoyed them at our Halloween party and Tara had mentioned before that she would like some for him. I also bought him a wood frame with his name carved out in the mat. I had bought one for Baylor two years ago (I had to because how often will I find something off the rack with his name on it). Last year I bought one for Cullen because he has the same problem.
Around 5 we headed home as Lori has to work on Sunday. It will be her first day back in almost two weekends. But she needed the time off to recover. The drive home was pretty fast for being over two hours. We enjoyed the beautiful full moon all the way home. Baylor fell asleep not long into the trip and slept until we pulled into the driveway. And at 11:51, he is still awake and claiming not to be tired.

This is a great post! Thank you all for coming. You got such great pictures, too. Thanks for the wonderful quilt!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post! Thank you all for coming. You got such great pictures, too. Thanks for the wonderful quilt!
ReplyDelete