Valentine's Day is not a big holiday for me and I usually ask Gloria not to do anything special. But for the Grandparents, they at least get a homemade card and the school kids get fun treats. The sticker card was for Meme and we had bought a few sleeves of stickers at Hobby Lobby just for the occasion. I cannot rotate the photo but the drawing on the other card is Baylor's take on a family portrait with all four grandparents, two Moms, three pets in the family, and himself. I put a legend on the inside for my parents. The card actually made me cry because it was soo sweet and he was so earnest when he was drawing everyone. Mom and Dad hung it in the kitchen which has become a little art gallery of Baylor's work.
And he signed them in lower case letters, which he has learned just this year. I am so proud of my little learner.
For his school treats I went a bit overboard again. I really just enjoy making things but I am sure it may not come across to some. I made cereal treats with cocoa and plain rice krispies with sprinkles mixed in. I pressed them into a sheet pan and when the cooled a bit, I cut them out with a heart cookie cutter. I used white chocolate to drizzle over them with more sprinkles added on top with a big red heart an each.
I found these heart marshmallows and coated the bottoms in white and dark chocolates.
Each bag had one treat and one of each marshmallows.
For another school treat I made flourless peanut butter cookies with a dark chocolate Dove heart.
For Baylor I picked up a small purple monkey who had to be included in the chalkboard photo.










No comments:
Post a Comment