Saturday February 1st was Connor's actual birthday and Heather said it is the first time she had a party on his real birthday. She had it at a bowling alley in Hanover. Hanover is also the home to Hobby Lobby so when Baylor and I accidentally arrived in town over an hour early (not sure how that happened :0) ) I suggested we waste some time there! He found an Angry bird stuffy in the clearance section and I bought it for him to get him to stay in the store without making it absolutely a torture trip on both of us. A few dollars to make him happy and me happy, I am there. I am not sure how he knows the Angry birds but he does. When we got home I put it on the tablet, the Star Wars version, and he has been addicted ever since! We headed to Petsmart to look for a kitty sized name tag since we have passed the checks and are adopting a kitty soon. Petsmart was out of kitty tags so we went to the bowling alley. I knew we arrived at the right place because of one of the names on the sign.
This place has party rooms and apparently they are supposed to provide a hostess to help us out. She seemed more interested in hanging out with her friends than us. We had to find her all the time and ask for everything. It was not a good thing. But the room was nice to have and the kids ran around the table while we were waiting for everyone to arrive. I think running laps around anything is a universal truth for all children. Except for this day for my guy. He was shy and while he really wanted to join in, every time he would get brave enough to start his laps, another child would show up that he did not know, and back on my lap he went.
Finally everyone was there and the bowling could begin. Baylor was put on lane one with Grayson, Declan, and Maclen. He was the winner on both games they played and was by far the best behaved.
I love his little stance!
Happy Angry bird and happy little guy. So happy together.
And this stance too, love it!
Grayson and Declan are school buddies and were all over the plane conspiring on their next move. Both Heather, her sister, and I had to tell them more than once to stop whatever it was they were doing and sit down. They stopped but they never sat. And then they just started up again on something new. They are boys and I get that.
On the first game Baylor came in third overall with the kids. He was technically second. Quade was first with 95 points, Brigid had 94 with a lot of assistance, and Baylor finished with 93. See the no sitting on tables notice. Remember that.
These tables are apparently in a child's eyes is a monkey gym because they were all over it all the time.
Time was up at only the forth frame and Baylor was high scorer that round also. He even had a strike on his first bowl!
The party was football themed and Connor's favorite team is the Giants, apparently because his favorite color is blue and they have blue uniforms. Neither of his parents are Giants fans so it is a bit out of place for him to like this team so much but he does.
It was a nice sized party. Josh is the giant among the little people. He is Connor's cousin and they have always been close. His sister kept beside her mom for some reason.
Baylor ate his hot dog and most of the blue frosting. You can't tell right?
After presents and filling out the survey, (and no, we would not recommend anyone having a party here) we headed home. Petco was right around the corner (Hanover really has everything and all on the same road!) we found a small purple heart tag. I really liked the orange goldfish that Petsmart was out of, but this would have to do. So we have a collar and name tag for our kitty and some day this week we will bring him home. On the way home was a beautiful sunset. Really, just don't know how I missed all these all these years. I knew I have seen them but I guess I just did not appreciate them before. I am glad I do now!



















No comments:
Post a Comment