So last weekend Mom and Dad came over to help me clean out my wall cabinets so they can be moved to the wall where my kitchen window used to be. They are being moved so the window can be put into the wall where the cabinets are hanging. At first I was completely opposed to the idea until my kitchen was cut off from the sun and the outside world. Not that looking on to the neighbor's driveway but at least there will be light. And a love seat in front of it so people can sit and talk to me while I putter around in the kitchen. Being cabinets they were full of stuff! Stuff that had to be taken out and put in boxes or bags and then I had to find a place to put said box or bag. Not an easy task in any house. And right now not easy especially in my house. Everything is shifted and already in the wrong place. But we made it work and cleaned out the cabinets. It helped that we now have an empty attic over the new rooms that were waiting to be filled!
While we were working Grandma Karen stopped by for a long over due visit. We have not seen each other in a long and I actually gave her her Christmas gifts finally! She had fun planing with Baylor which he loved. He loves having a playmate and I think she had fun with him also.
By Monday Bob the builder carpeted the stairs. Apparently it is not a good idea to put wood floors over concrete. So carpet it is.
And a day later they were done with the rest of the carpet and were done with the addition. Baylor was leaping and dancing as I snapped photos.
The bathroom was the first to be worked on, one because it is small and two because I had a lot of the stuff for that room already. The window was the one they removed from my laundry room and it fit well in the bathroom. But it faces the neighbor's driveway and we were not sure they wanted to see anyone coming out of the shower or sitting on the loo.
So I ordered the window contact paper and covered up the view. But the light still gets in and that is all that matters. I ended up doing the top window also.
I bought the shower curtain at Ikea but the saw one at Marshall's that I liked even better. I did not buy it at the time but I think I will get it if it is there when I go back. This one can go in the basement shower because I still love it but just not in here.













No comments:
Post a Comment