Saturday, March 8, 2014

Monkey Joes Birthday Party

Friday after I picked Baylor up from school we headed to Monkey Joes for a birthday party for Addison.  I work with her mom Danielle and the kids are just a few months apart in age.  Actually her Addison and Megan's Addyson are best friends, more like sisters.  Unfortunately, Danielle is moving back to NJ to be close to her family because she just had her second daughter and being a single mom that far away from family is hard. She was able to transfer to another position in the company so she will be in a better place with her family all around her.  Anyway, she had Leigh Annah on February 17 and Addison's birthday was March 1st.  She held off on the birthday party because of just having Leigh Annah.  Other than when she sells the house, this will be the last time she is in the area which was sad for many of her friends.  Baylor only knows the girls from occasional parties throughout the year so he wanted me to follow him around from bouncy thing to bouncy thing.  But he was pretty happy to be here. 


It was my first time there and I am pretty sure other than any other parties, my last.  It was too much going on and while I know he cannot leave without me, I could be standing at the bottom of a slide and all of a sudden he is somewhere else.  I hate helicoptering but I did witness one of the party kids flop off the end trying to do a trick and looking like he nearly snapped his neck. It freaked me out enough to follow him. 


But he told me he was strong and could handle it. And not be crazy, which he is not.  


A bit of party food but he had told me in the car to not eat the food there because it was not very good.  Thankfully Danielle ordered the pizza from Pizza Hut but Baylor would not be convinced it was fairly acceptable.  


The birthday girl had an inflatable seat at the head of the table.  Which as the diva she loves to be, she loved.   

Monkey Joe arrived to wish her Happy Birthday. 



He did not even want a cup cake and Addy never opened her gifts there so it was party on in the bounce houses for everyone.  


On the way to the car we had to spend several minutes climbing the moon rocks.  He is really going to miss the snow piles because he loves to climb them all!  



No comments:

Post a Comment