Saturday we went to Sean's 7th birthday party. He is a friend from his preschool and while Baylor knew several of the kids at the party, the kids from Sean's school freaked him out a bit. He was shy until the second hour of the party and sat on my lap watching most of the time.
But he eventually was persuaded off my lap and into the limbo line.
After the party we went home and I made my first batch of Macarons. I have wanted to make them for a long time and did a lot of reading and video watching before attempting. They turned out fine, had nice feet but had the common problem of being hollow inside but that does not affect how yummy they are. I filled them with Irish Cream buttercream and they were really good. Baylor liked them just plain and ate all the shells he could.
Sunday Mon and Dad were back but this time to bring two chairs I had at their house and help hang up the curtains. In the upstairs, I do not have full length curtains anywhere other than sheers in the bedroom. I have issues with them but since the TV is going to now be in a full sun room and I hate the glare on a TV. So I have lined curtains that we can pull closed when the sun is blaring in.
Dad and Baylor helped bring up the bed and make it up with the new bedding I bought for the room.
You can hardly see the window stuff with all that light. I love it!
Valances bought at The Christmas Tree Shop on sale two for $3.00.
Perfect match for bot the bathroom and bed room. I have sheers for the bedroom windows but I need to shorten them. Ikea sheers are about 8 feet long! I think we may buy the honeycomb type blinds because the rooms are ground level and the windows have to be big and low enough to crawl out of in case of a fire. They are low!
For dinner with my parents I made Colcannon with kale instead of cabbage. For breakfast on St. Patrick's Day we had fried colcannon patties with fried eggs. Yum! They were so good! We had a food day at work and I had corned beef for lunch, corned beef for dinner and corned beef for breakfast the next day. I love it!
Tuesday Bob and his crew moved the couches downstairs to the new living room. I bought an ottoman and ottoman tray last week.
And they moved the cabinets to the other wall.
The living room was bare and now had an echo. I cleaned the floors and swept the corners.
The table moved from the space it has been for nine and a half years to the living room where Baylor first roll over and crawled and spent many many hours of his life! Aww, change.
And then we moved the TV stand and TV down stairs just in time for Verizon to arrive and hook up the cable.
Baylor loves it down here already and even before the TV was set up he was sitting down there playing his Leapster.
While he was here we moved the TV up from the craft room (we don't use it much anyway) and put it next to the microwave. Now I can watch the news while I make coffee and breakfast. One morning Baylor ran upstairs and asked Gloria if she was watching the news upstairs while he was watching cartoons downstairs. When she said yes, he replied he thought this was going to work out well. I think he is right.
























No comments:
Post a Comment