Baylor has not seen his Meme since Christmas and I had no plans for Saturday so I made plans to take him up to their house. I have never gone up there by myself just because I never have. Gloria has been working so much overtime that she never goes up there either. But before we headed up there Baylor wanted to spend his money at Toys R Us. He shopped wisely and found two dinosaur sets that were buy one get one at 50% off. He had enough money for both and did not have to do any extra chores to earn the money back.
We made it up there at 11:45 and we had a little snack. And a photo without the flash so Norman could not complain. They had a 1:30 appointment at the photo studio that has been in town since 1968 and still has the negatives from all three of their girls high school photos. Meme wanted to order some more prints and we went with them. He had them moved to a digital format and Meme ordered away. I ordered a big print of my favorite photo of the three girls. I have a little one on the fridge but I cannot wait for the 8 x 10.
After the ordering and chatting Pap took up out to lunch. Baylor brought two of the dinosaurs to play with at the table. He was upset already that we had even left Meme's in the first place and now having to sit down to waste time to eat, I knew we would be walking a tight edge without them.
He started off with my water.
And wisely we choose the small chocolate shake!!
Which he needed a spoon for. He finished about two thirds off the shake and Pap finished off the rest.
But between the four of us we could not finish the fries, and that was just a regular size.
And before Meme was done eating he had cuddled up next to Meme and feel asleep for just a few minutes until we left. We went back to their house and while he played with Meme, I vacuumed out the car. We were there until around 6:00 when he wanted to leave so he could go play with his new dinosaurs in the bathtub. Apparently the best place to play with any waterproof toy. It was nice to see them and they will be down here in a week for appointments. I know they are looking forward to seeing the addition anyway. Hopefully the guys will work on it next week. They were not here Thursday and Friday, grrrrr.









No comments:
Post a Comment