Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

Baylor's first best friend was Peeper, a little chick.  He latched on to him when he was in the throes of teething. I remember him sitting there tears streaming down his face, drooling running out of his mouth, and damp Peeper being moved from hand to hand, back and forth.  I quickly located a few more Peepers to put into a lovey rotation.  They were by then discontinued and harder to come by but I found four more and a few other friends who were in the same toy line; a cat we named Whiskas, a martian we named Marty, a bunny and a dog. I cannot remember their names but I will ask Gloria, she will remember.  Peeper was even Baylor's 1st birthday cake 


Not long after he turned one, he moved on to woobie, a flannel, terry and taggie number I had made him.  Woobie has been number one since but Peeper still comes out to play.  Friday Baylor had me take him to work so I took a photo to prove he was there.  


At school the kids had been working on Mother's Day gifts and oddly the still had Baylor only make one.  He was very proud of it, the decorated wrapper, the decorated cigar box and the little figurine inside.  



We brought Grandma a spinning flower for her Mother's Day gift and the two of them put in out front in the garden so she could see it out the window when she is on the couch.  


We brought our bubble gun along as well because bubbles are still super fun!  



Saturday morning we went to the Herb Faire as is our usual Mother's Day trip.  Baylor loved the mill stones again this year.  While he was racing around them I found a wonderful green wire praying mantis garden ornament.  I love garden art and the mantis was a wonderful and meaningful addition to our collection.  




We ate an early lunch there as I can always count on Baylor eating their chicken corn soup. Mom and I split a chicken crepe which was delicious. I was very good at not over doing the plants this year and only bought four tomato plants, instead of six or eight as in the past!!!  On the way out we were part of the small group of people watching this poor bat trying to climb the tree.  Since the cannot launch themselves in the air I would guess he was trying to get high enough to fly off or at least wait unit dark.  He was fun to see and Baylor of course was not scared a bit!   


We went home Saturday evening because Meme and Pap were coming over Sunday for Mother's Day.  I ended up making dandelion jelly which was Baylor's request.  Since I had made the violet and he loves the dandelions he asked if we could do those as well.  I looked it up and the process was exactly the same.  A bucket full of dandelions later, some sugar and stirring, we had jelly.  




No comments:

Post a Comment