Monday, May 26, 2014

The Pool is Now Open

Memorial Day was a quiet one at our house.  Baylor was limping because of his skinned knee and blister on his foot.  He decided he needed his cane for a while.  When Meme had her knee surgery two years ago she had a cane.  Baylor of course needed one as well so Pap cut one down to his size.  It was cute until he started using it as a weapon.  Most of the time it hides in the closets but this time it had a purpose and was OK to come out to play.  


The orange poppies are in full bloom and since they are short lived, I am glad we were home to see them.  



And the daises are looking happy now as well. 




The pool is well and truly open, though Baylor is the only one who will go in. It is just too cold for us old folks.It is still not quiet full but Baylor likes it better that way. When I opened it up on Mother's Day, it was still nice a clear, just a bit 'dusty' on the bottom.  But I had to drain it down to reset the legs and replace the rope around the outside bottom. Just need to fill it up, shock it for a week, add salt and get the salt generator going.




Fishing with his new rod and gummy catch. 



After chasing behind Connor all day Sunday, Baylor was inspired to learn to ride his bike without his training wheels.  So we went over to the store for a new helmet and he found a pirate Mohawk version that he liked best of the choices there.  He was willing to give it a try. 


Now it has been a long time since I learned to ride a bike, about 38 years I think.  It is something that is really hard to teach because it is a lot of concepts and coordination.  Both are a bit hard for a five year old especially one that has been on the go all day long.  We decided on his medium bike because he could plant his feet flat on the ground when he stopped which would be good to keep him from falling over too quickly.   I had told him that no one learns to ride a bike in one day and that was not acceptable.  I had told him he needs to learn balance on the bike and to have faith he can do it  I kept hearing he cannot get the balance and that faith thing, he did not know what that was!  It was certainly a struggle this first day. He had his first bicycle melt down on the first afternoon of trying.  But he kept trying, as frustrated as he was, he kept trying: through the tears and the frustration over what is faith and balance, he just kept trying.  I was very proud of him for just not giving up.  



He asked me what if he never learned how to ride a bike and I answered he would be chasing Connor for the rest of his life.  I know that will not happen because I have faith in this little one 


My Eddy girl is still a mess on her left foot and we still do not know what is causing her issues.  It could be Cushings or thyroid issues.  But her foot is just not healing and is chronically infected.  But she is still my wonderful girl, even when she is barking so much for our food that we block her off in another room!  






No comments:

Post a Comment