Sunday, May 18, 2014

Play Date Part II

Sunday arrived and it turned out to be another beautiful day.  Tara and Lucas were off to an early start and arrived in no time at all. We were so happy to see them and the boys got right down to playing and we got right down to talking!  We sat on the patio and the boys played trains on the concrete and then played in the little pool.  I suggested we take a walk to the creek because I know both boys love to throw rocks into water.  It was a short walk for us Mom's but the boys rode in the wagon for part of it.  We had a lot of rain the end of the week and to say the creek was swollen would be a bit of an understatement.  There is usually a long, rocky beach to walk on but today there was just a bit of sandy creek side to walk on.  Most of the rocks were under water but they were able to find enough to throw.  


Baylor was willing to get his boots full of water in order to walk out as far as I would let him.  He was not afraid he would wash away but I certainly was!  


I am not sure I would float as well as he would, if he would float at all.  The water was moving super fast!  


And it was super cold!!  Like freshly melted snow, even though that is all gone!  






The bucket came in handy for carrying water and rocks but it is a rather cheap one and we ended up breaking out the bottom.  Which ended up accidentally floating away in the current down the old canal.  


Lucas took a brief break in the wagon.  Splunking is hard work!  





On the way out, with Baylor in soaked socks and boots, they raced out the trail. 


Both of them had another wardrobe change before a bit more playing, a movie, Monsters vs Aliens, and some dessert of cookies and strawberry rhubarb crumb pie Tara brought up from the famous Mom's Apple Pie.  It was amazing.   


The boys were sad to say good bye but Tara and I already planned our next visit, this time at her place!!  





After they left we watched the movie again, or at least he started watching it. It must have been a good day!! 


And it was.  I love our play dates and enjoy my adult friends!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment