Saturday, March 14, 2015

Bows and Eggs

This morning I hauled Baylor off the MD to go to a ribbon outlet.  I was there seven years ago this very same weekend. I left to go there right after an appointment that began the greatest adventure of my life, becoming and being a Mom.  This time he is six years old and my assistant.  We had a good time shopping there and at the register I pulled an Easter egg with an extra 15% off their already super low prices.  



All this was $30!  



The bags of bows were $.03 a bag!! I should have cleaned them out and stocked up the whole family. 


The ribbon rolls were $.10 and the boxes of Easter egg colors were $.05!  I think the most expensive item was a $3.00 roll of satin ribbon. It was totally worth the drive and the mental walk down memory lane was a good one.  Afterward we went to a Toys R Us and then headed home.  



And after unpacking and building a new Lego set for Baylor, I worked on Easter candy.  I made coconut eggs and peanut butter eggs.  Because I give up those things for Lent, I like to surround myself with all kinds of temptation. 

  


I even made coconut eggs with coconut yolks.  


Baylor wanted to do something while I was in the kitchen so I thought we would try the practice writing in shaving cream.  It started out fine. 



And ended in a bit of a mess.  Nothing that a bath and a washcloth could fix.  




No comments:

Post a Comment